FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been getting back into my card tricks and handling lately which means I often find myself still up at 3am learning something new. Anyhow I hold that everybody should know a card trick or some slightly more advanced handling of them (it has been years since I met anybody that can not do an overhand shuffle so I will assume everybody has that at least).
To that end similar to the rate the song from the person before you thread I propose

To get this started as playlist that covers most of the basic shuffles, some cuts and a handful of tricks.
playlist

Though I said cards if you want to teach other nice things like walking a coin across your knuckles that will play. It is best if you do not link up a trick that requires you to either visit a magic shop to get a trick deck (or some other items people are not likely to have around the place), modify (though a few card reading mods might go) or destroy your cards.

So yeah share your favourite tricks, cuts (false or otherwise), forces, flourishes and methods. I realise there are not half as many tricks as there are songs or comedy sketches so some repetition is to be expected, try to make it a slight variation on the theme so if someone teaches a Hindu shuffle then if you also want to have a video on the subject have it teach a different method or a force or two using it. Repetition does extend to doing the same trick but the next video adds a bunch of false cuts/shuffles or forces to what is essentially the same trick- a vital part of proper magic but not so useful here.
Learning new tricks is what I intend for this thread but if you have an awesome video* then consider posting it if the last few videos have not been something similar.
*bar of awesomeness

Lastly anybody caught doing tricky things on GBAtemp poker night will not be looked upon kindly.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
You using bicycle cards?

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know any so this is my post even if it is off topic. Please o' Tempers teach me some!

edit: beer fingers ( been drinking).

edit 2: On a second note anyone up for a game of poker? I really don't know what trumps certain hands but I have a "KILLER" poker face and have never lost.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really don't know what trumps certain hands but I have a "KILLER" poker face and have never lost.

The two are not necessarily unrelated- one of the undetectable types of lying is where you do not know you are telling a lie (If I told you I went into town today, you believed me and you later said "FAST6191 was in town today" you would have lied and not known about it).

My cards- I am actually using a nasty old Carta Mundi set I found sitting around. However they faro well (which makes up for the fact that I am terrible at riffle/poker shuffles) so I have been using them.

Getting started on the thread proper
Three things in this
false shuffle, a force and a nice cut (and variation on the theme)
"Scam School : Learn the ONE-HANDED CUT"

Reactions: 431unknown

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Get a pack of tally-ho playing cards. The linoid finish makes them last longer and more durable.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bump bump bump I guess but I do have something that I hold ranks up there with the "bar of awesomeness"
Alex Elmsley does various tricks

I am by no means a great one for figuring out card tricks but the only components I spotted there take serious skill to pull off let alone do it as well and as many times in a row as he does there.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love using this shuffle (The Hindu Shuffle) because people just aren't used to it. Makes it harder for them to see what's really going on too.

Reactions: Ericthegreat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.