TCP Gecko codes do absolutely nothing? Can anyone help or point me to help?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sei, Jun 22, 2016.

?

Have you had similar issues with TCP Gecko?

1. Yes, but I've resolved them. =)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, and I can't solve them! Somebody please help! =(

80.0%
  3. Nope, it's always worked fine after watching/reading the tutorial/s and setting it up correctly. =)

20.0%
  4. Nope, but I think I know who can help! [Please reply to the thread =3]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    I'm pretty new to the WiiU scene, but I've read through the need to knows and tutorials on this website and others.

Can anyone help me?

I'll go through a list of what I've done so far:

----------

1. Made sure I was no higher that Firmware 5.5.1

2. Used a mix of both Tubehax and the other DNS server.

3. Formatted my Grade 10 64GB 45MB/s SD card to FAT32, 16kb clusters.

4. Made a "wiiu" folder, and "apps" folder inside of it and placed these at the root of the SD card.

5. In there, I've placed the relevant folders and files for the Homebrew Manager, TCPGecko and Nuu (Eshop access patcher)

6. I've used loadiine.ovh to open the homebrew launcher and install TCP Gecko with Codehandler.

7. I've used JGecko to connect to the ip address of my WiiU. (Connection is successful and stable.)

8. I've entered the codes that correspond with the game from here: CosmoCourtney's Post

9. I clicked "Send codes"

10. "Codes sent successfuly!"

11 Nothing happens. All games, all versions.

12. Tried reinstalling and rerunning TCPGecko with all exploits from different gates/websites.

Does TCP Gecko not work with firmware 5.5.1?

If you can't help, do you know where I can get help?
    I don't want to bother the creator of TCPGecko/JGecko because in the past they've said to people it's a code issue, not a Gecko issue.

-----

Most importantly: THANK YOU to anyone who helps! =3

2. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    Bump

3. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    Bump

4. Macopride64

Macopride64 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2010
    Australia
    Check to see if the code(s) you are using are for the correct region and/or update.

5. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    Yup, correct. I've even tried using all of the varients on the codes for versions and regions at the same time and sending them. And nothing works.

6. rbsk

rbsk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    United States
    Try using tcpGecko.NET (or the memory viewer in jGeckoU) and manually poke one of the addresses with the desired value, if it still does not work - bad codes.
    If they do work with poking - then we can move on to step 2.

7. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    Yey! More help! =3 Thank you! =3

8. BullyWiiPlaza

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    The codes are not right for your games/versions. When do people finally get that? If you make CORRECT codes then it will also work. To prove this, just write an example code and observe if it does what it should (write something to the memory).

rbsk likes this.
  9. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    I used CosmoCourtney's Codes on a Loadiine game with NO updates in the updates folder, so it's impossible to get the game version wrong, and as for the region, I just tried both codes. Nothing works. I don't know what to say here.

10. BullyWiiPlaza

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Write an example code and see how it works. Just because you never use compatible codes does NOT mean the codes feature is inherently broken. Or how do you explain to yourself that most people are getting it to work? Obviously the codes must be wrong.
    Code:
    Example Test Code
    00020000 10001000
    12345678 00000000
    This will write value 12345678 to address 10001000. Check it in the memory viewer.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza, Jun 23, 2016
    Sei likes this.
  11. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    I don't know how to write code, so I can't do that. (I wish I could)
    And since gecko works for others, that would suggest that the code feature works fine, however I was wondering if perhaps something had gone wrong elsewhere.

P.S Thank you for replying to this thread. I never expected to get a reply from a dev =3

BullyWiiPlaza likes this.
  12. BullyWiiPlaza

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    I added a code and instructions to the previous post

13. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    Thank you for helping, I will try this as soon as I get access to my WiiU =3 (Family =3) You devs are awesome!

BullyWiiPlaza likes this.
  14. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    Ok, tried it and it didn't change the value corresponding to 10001000 in the memory viewer.

However, writing it in 32bit value size via the memory viewer's option to do so wrote the value. I wonder if it says it's sent successfully but actually isn't?

Last edited by Sei, Jun 23, 2016
  15. rbsk

rbsk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    United States
    https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/issues/97
    My understanding is that the code handler does not work for loadiine games - unless this has changed in the last few weeks, that could be your problem.

Sei likes this.
  16. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    Hmm, I guess that's that then. Thank you very much! =3

17. rbsk

rbsk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    United States
    If there are simple codes you want to use (like not infinite (sticky) stuff) - like money, items, etc - you can always manually push those values into memory with memory viewer.
    To do this, use the "Memory Viewer" tab in jGeckoU - enter the address in "Memory Address" input - click "Update" (just to the right of the input)
    Then on the left panel enter the value and click 'Write' (Just below the value input).

An example of how to translate the codes (if you are not familiar) using BillyWiiPlaza's example test code:
    (More info can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/post-your-wiiu-cheat-codes-here.395443 )

Code:
    00020000 10001000
    12345678 00000000

The first 4 numbers (of the first 8 at the very beginning) tell you the value size (8, 16, 32) (in this case it is a 32bit)
    Code:
    8bit  = 0000 (values from 0x0 to 0xFF       - 0x000000FF)
    16bit = 0001 (values from 0x0 to 0xFFFF     - 0x0000FFFF)
    32bit = 0002 (values from 0x0 to 0xFFFFFFFF - 0xFFFFFFFF)
    The next 8 numbers are the address ( in this case 0x10001000 )

The next 8 numbers (first set on second row) is the value (in this case 0x12345678 - a 32bit)

The last 8 are not important unless you are dealing with pointers - if you want info on how to do that manually, PM me.

So converting Bully's code to just a plain 'ol address and value:
    Code:
    Address  Value
    10001000 12345678

BullyWiiPlaza and Sei like this.
  18. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016

That's Awesome =3 It's just that Loadiine appears to be so broken that everything in the Memory Viewer shows 00000000 =(

19. rbsk

rbsk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    United States
    I have not had any issues with loadiine and manually using the memory viewer (also use tcpGecko.NET for searching and manual poking).
    The address he provided should show 00000000 - this is an empty range.
    But if you take an address from a code, that you want to use, and put it in you should see a lot of different values all around.

The thing about loadiine - it isn't broken (at least not from a tcpGecko standpoint) they just are not supporting the code handler range that the tcpGecko installer wants (the installer is a custom build with CosmoCortney's code handler). Meaning- no stored gecko codes... but memory writing is still there.
    Also, if the codes you have are not for a loadiine version there is probably an offset to the codes... just curious, what game are you trying to tinker with?

Last edited by rbsk, Jun 24, 2016
  20. Sei
    OP

Sei Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2016
    I've tried Mario Kart 8 eshop version, Wind Waker NTSC on Loadiine, and Hyrule warriors on Loadiine =3