Hacking TCP and The Homebrew Channel

CosmoKramer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know how to and what is needed to set up the PC so that I could run apps through TCP with the Homebrew Channel? I can't see to find the droids i'm looking for
frown.gif
. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

harrybuttox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CosmoKramer said:
Does anybody know how what is needed to set up the PC so that I could run apps through TCP with the Homebrew Channel? I can't see to find the droids i'm looking for
frown.gif
. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Before anything..Idk either I wanted to know...but the Star Wars reference XD that was great kudos man..kudos

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you don't have to set up anything. it automatically uses the system settings for the network connection. then use wiiload to send files to it.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
open homebrew channel take note of your wii's ip address,
in below text change 192.168.0.2 with your wii's ip address and save it as a bat file (where wiiload.exe exists), then just drag and drop the elf file on to the bat file in your explorer,

SET WIILOAD=tcp:192.168.0.2
WIILOAD %1

If your wii's ip address do not change then you can use the same bat file everytime you need it.

CosmoKramer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick responses.

I got wilload.exe in the "wiiload" folder.. I created the .bat and put in my Wii IP Adress and put it in the "wiiload" folder as well. But when i dragged over a .elf to the bat, nothing happened. Is there something i'm doing wrong?.. What icons should be lit in the bottom right corner of the screen?. thanks again..

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CosmoKramer said:

I got wilload.exe in the "wiiload" folder.. I created the .bat and put in my Wii IP Adress and put it in the "wiiload" folder as well. But when i dragged over a .elf to the bat, nothing happened. Is there something i'm doing wrong?.. What icons should be lit in the bottom right corner of the screen?. thanks again..
did you add the WIILOAD %1 as well?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
CosmoKramer said:

oops sorry, it runs under c:\Documents and Settings stuff if full path is not specified.

change the bat as below, instead of "c:\wiiload" put it there the full path and filename of your wiiload.exe (Mine is c:\wiiload.exe, yours will be c:\wiiload\wiiload.exe )

C:\WIILOAD %1
PAUSE

PS: For maximum ease of use, you can copy the bat file to the C:\Documents and Settings\[Your User Name]\SendTo folder so that you can right click and boot an elf file.
If the elf file depends on other files, those files should reside in the sd card beforehand.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiCrazy said:
CosmoKramer said:

oops sorry, it runs under c:\Documents and Settings stuff if full path is not specified.

change the bat as below, instead of "c:\wiiload" put it there the full path and filename of your wiiload.exe (Mine is c:\wiiload.exe, yours will be c:\wiiload\wiiload.exe )

PAUSE

PS: For maximum ease of use, you can copy the bat file to the C:\Documents and Settings\[Your User Name]\SendTo folder so that you can right click and boot an elf file.
If the elf file depends on other files, those files should reside in the sd card beforehand.

I must say, this is the best way I've heard of doing this! Before I kept opening the command prompt and typing in set wiiload=tcp:192.168.0.104 then "wiiload .elf. The use of a bat file just slipped my mind
smile.gif
. Thanks for the info!

CosmoKramer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:

PAUSE

OMG WOW.. Thanks alot WiiCrazy. It works perfect now. Pretty damn amazing too. Ha, running apps from the pc.. (jaw drops)

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rightclick an elf file, select Open With, Choose Program, Browse to wiiload.exe. Check the Always use... and click OK
From now on sending an elf file is just a matter of double clicking on it

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kedest said:
Rightclick an elf file, select Open With, Choose Program, Browse to wiiload.exe. Check the Always use... and click OK
From now on sending an elf file is just a matter of double clicking on it
...?

But then how would wiiload know which IP to send to?

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've set the environment variable with the steps from the FAQ previously, but never got it to work properly. I'm running Windows Vista. Could you write some easy steps to get it to work? Just double clicking the .elf would be great!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's quite easy actually. First boot up the homebrew channel and press the home button, your wii's IP will be displayed at the top of the screen. Of course make sure your Wii can connect to your network.
Then on your pc go to Control Panel > System > Advanced > Environment Variables > System Variables > New
The name is WIILOAD and the value is tcp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, the x's being your wii's ip
Then rightclick an elf file, Open With, Browse, find wiiload.exe and check the always.. box

that's how it works in xp, but i guess it's about the same in vista

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kedest said:
It's quite easy actually. First boot up the homebrew channel and press the home button, your wii's IP will be displayed at the top of the screen. Of course make sure your Wii can connect to your network.
Then on your pc go to Control Panel > System > Advanced > Environment Variables > System Variables > New
The name is WIILOAD and the value is tcp:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, the x's being your wii's ip
Then rightclick an elf file, Open With, Browse, find wiiload.exe and check the always.. box

that's how it works in xp, but i guess it's about the same in vista
Aha! I see where I went wrong... The value I put wasn't the IP but the directory the wiiload.exe was in
laugh.gif

Thanks for the info! It's greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Works great! Thanks for the help
smile.gif

P.S. This loads .dols too
wink.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aha, when at last I thought I knew all I needed to know about the homebrew scene on the Wii, this came along.
It seems I hadn't noticed this feature before now. Is it just an ELF loader over an LAN network to the Homebrew Channel? Can you do everything over the network, such as playing emulators, or is that impossible at LAN speed?
Sorry for being so uninformed, any chance of an answer? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass