Hacking Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Wifi w/ custom save)

dmillerzx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there I recently loaded a save file for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars that had everything unlocked. I now notice that I can't play online over WiFi I believe this is a common issue when using other people's saves with Wifi enabled games. My question is, is there any work-around that can be done to use this save file and still play online? I'm assuming that my only solution to get online play back would be to wipe my save and go legit.

Thoughts?!

Much appreciated :D

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well,theres no way to make you sv file legit , my sv is "pirated" too , but it works only in friend code battles,maybe , your doesnt work , because no one is playing online right now.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extract the save file with SGM GX. Look and see if you can replace the game's wifi data with data from a new save file. Then you have everything unlocked and a new friend code.

Reactions: 1 person

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've made several posts about it. If you're desperate, go on my profile and look at my posts. I go more in-depth with the concept in older posts.

Save Game Manager GX extracts save files from your Wii. So the first step is extracting the save onto an SD card and loading that with your PC. The folder it's in will be a bunch of numbers with a letter at the end. For example 9004850486245e.

Inside that folder is the files that the save uses. Your goal is to remove any friend code data from the "completed" save and put in new friend code data. So you need to start a new save for TvC (delete the old one) and extract THAT one to your PC, too. Since it's in the same folder you need to keep them separate somehow - add onto the name of one folder to be "completed" and the other "new FC" or something. Just keep the original file name because you need that to install the save again.

Look inside each folder. If you're lucky, there's seperate data for your unlock progress and for your Wifi data. If so, just swap in your new Wifi data with the old unlock data and install it again with SGM GX. Otherwise, this might not be an easy process and could take a hex editor like MadEdit and a lot of trial-and-error. It may not work at all. The game could employ checksums, which you probably don't have the skills to reverse-engineer (neither do I).

Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: