Hacking Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom through USB Loader

Kleiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i'm having an issue with a single game using a USB loader. i'm currently using USB Loader GX, but have also tried with Cover Floader USB loader.

Essentially, i just want to get Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom running. Through the USB loader, the game will boot to the "Hace enough room and hold the Wii Remote carefully while you play" screen. Then the game boots to a popup box containing japanese.. press A and a different box with new japanese symbols (and Wii in english) replaces it, press A and another one replaces it with just japanese. No actions can be taken at this point.

I've tried running it through 2 USB loaders, and through burning it to DVD-R and loading it with the backup Channel; i get the same results every time.

My Wii is 4.0 using the Bannerbomb hack, and i just cant get this damn game working. could anyone maybe help me out?

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Got the nunchuck connected?
i think the japanese writing is asking for that, then when you select it, it waits for the nunchuck...i think..

Doc.X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think its a nunchuck issue , I played T VS. C without a nuncheck connected. The first time You Play the game the japanese text is verification to continue with making a save file . i remember cuz i was stuck at that initial screen for 5 min b4 i realizes i could move to the left and click A Button to accept making a file then it worked perfectly

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a gamecube controller plugged in? This can cause issues if you want to use the wii-mote.

The game ignores the wii mote at certain point is a Gc controller is plugged in. This is true even for wavebirds that are turned off.

Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, i don't remember that being a problem, but i'm good at randomly hitting buttons. It's definitely not an innate problem with the game & usb loaders though.

Sledge1

Trophies
XP
Country
Doc.X said:
I dont think its a nunchuck issue , I played T VS. C without a nuncheck connected. The first time You Play the game the japanese text is verification to continue with making a save file . i remember cuz i was stuck at that initial screen for 5 min b4 i realizes i could move to the left and click A Button to accept making a file then it worked perfectly
Yeah it could be that.. i remember there being something...but i can't read japanese lol..always makes it hard..

Kleiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the cause of my Issue.

I used backup-creator.exe to make an image without the update partition, burned it to a disc, and viola! I'm playing it now
biggrin.gif
Roll+Morrigan =

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
I also encountered this issue while using Backup Launcher 0.3 but it was solved by copying a save file from another wii. I thought it was because it could not create the initial save. Glad you made it work on a different method.

@taggart6
BTW, the gamecube controller works on this game so don't remove it.

hope this helps.

I can play it from Backup launcher and USB Loader.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched my ISO to USA region 1 with Regionfrii, and it works fine on all my loaders. As for the Gamecube controller/memory card, it's a known issue that Tatsunoko vs Capcom has issues if you start the game with these already plugged in. For me, it disables all controllers from connecting, and the wiimote will just turn off. Once the game has been started, a Gamecube controller can be plugged in and used. This is my experience, but the game works fine through usb loaders.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sledge1 said:
Doc.X said:
Yeah it could be that.. i remember there being something...but i can't read japanese lol..always makes it hard..

For Japanese games, I usually go check out the FAQs at gamefaqs... very often (as is the case with Tat vs Cap), the FAQ will explain the layout of the menus and such, removing all the pain-in-the-ass trial and error guesswork.

Kleiner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working through a disc and the backuploader channel.

QUOTE said:
I also encountered this issue while using Backup Launcher 0.3 but it was solved by copying a save file from another wii. I thought it was because it could not create the initial save. Glad you made it work on a different method.

I hadn't even thought about that. now that there's a save file, i'll put Tatsunoko V. capcom back onto my harddrive and try booting it through the USB loader, and see what happens. i'll get back to you guys on that.

However, wierd; The .ISO i burnt to the disc (and runs perfectly through backup Loader channel) seems to have issues with my WBFS manager. Its name comes up as a bunch of crazy symbols and the estimated file size is .01 GB. also, i can't rename it. i decided not to risk it and didn't but that one onto the harddrive. Any ideas why it did that?

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only problem this guy had was that he needed to unplug a gamecube controller. my game did the same exact thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1