Gaming Taskbar position

Gore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I switched my taskbar to the leftside about a year ago, and it was a really good step forward. No more cluttered taskbar.
Most people still keep it defaulted at the bottom. How do you keep up with a large number of windows?
Where is yours?

CWEKQ.png

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gore said:
I switched my taskbar to the leftside about a year ago, and it was a really good step forward. No more cluttered taskbar.
Most people still keep it defaulted at the bottom. How do you keep up with a large number of windows?
Where is yours?

CWEKQ.png

The bottom like a normal, civilized human being.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
i don really bothered with that, i tried shifting the taskbar once around and i didnt feel comfortable moving my mouse that much, so i just shift it back to bottom
biggrin.gif

As for multi-windows, well alt-tab and cycle through them will do
biggrin.gif
unless there is a better way of managing more than 20 windows at any one time.

Bulit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Gore said:
Bulit said:
I have it at the bottom. And how did you change the start button?
http://ap-graphik.deviantart.com/art/steel...ows-7-143789870
theme + guide in link

With the taskbar at the bottom, you can only have what? 7 windows shown?
41ejb8.png
direct link http://screensnapr.com/u/41ejb8.png

Just opened them all up for the hell of it. My width is 1280. Multiple instances are merged if there is not enough room for them. It is not too bad.

You must be a hardcore multi-tasker
blink.gif

kirlac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Gore said:
With Windows 7 you can have like as many icons on the taskbar as your resolution will allow (bigger screen = more icons), and each one groups all windows of the same type. So you can have a lot more than 7 windows.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kirlac said:
Gore said:
With Windows 7 you can have like as many icons on the taskbar as your resolution will allow (bigger screen = more icons), and each one groups all windows of the same type. So you can have a lot more than 7 windows.
I hate how it groups the same type of windows. I dont like to click one window and find the right internet window i need to use or right word document im working on.

On topic: mine is in the bottom. I tried to switch it around before, but i usually move my mouse to the bottom left corner because im use to it that way. But the window button is an easy way to the start. Anyone uses this? I know gamers hate this button though.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
having it on the side looks ugly. proportions doesnt work out, expands the thickness. slimmer is better imo and having it on the side doesn't do that. unless you had like... a 3:4 or 9:16 monitor.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine's at the bottom; I've got it set to group the same types of window together by default, and it rarely ever gets further than a quarter along my screen, if ever. Come to think of it, I don't think it ever has; my screen's 1600x900.

1,400th post.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Top!

Manage open windows, eh? Almost everything I use either minimizes to system tray or as inner-window tabbing. Trying to get used to Windows 7's default window grouping dealy, though, which is alright.

Actually, the main problem that I have is when some windows open at the very top be DEFAULT... so the title bar is often hidden under my taskbar. This led me to a habit of ALT+SPACE > M > Down Arrow > Move Mouse back in the old windows era. That's actually a protip if you think your window is completely off-screen and you need to move it on-screen.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BiscuitBee said:
Top!
*snip*
ALT+SPACE > M > Down Arrow > Move Mouse

Amen to top. I think it'd due to my Mac usage at work... it's natural placement heh.

That little description is a godsend. I haven't had too many problems with that as of recent, other than mIRC for some reason opening w/ the bar under my task bar... at which point i unlock the taskbar, drag to bottom, move IRC, regrag task bar, relock... but i'll have to try this next time.

You win.
grog.gif

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Default at the bottom. Works fine for me. I try not to have too many things open at once. Habit from the past when ram was more limited.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
On my windows computer I keep mine at the bottom and put everything I use in a dock bar on the right side of my screen.
On my Linux Ubuntu I have 3 bars, on for pages and what not on the bottom, one in the upper right hand corner for time and date as well logging out and turning off my computer and one in the middle for all my applications, both those set on auto hide.

Fluganox

Trophies
XP
Country
On my personal computer (Windows) its defaulted at the bottom. I bloody hate auto-hide >.< but I have everything tabbed (Firefox, WLM) so it doesn't get full really.

However at college on the Macs, I like it on the left-hand side, not sure why
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse