Target Trots Out $3 Appliances on Black Friday

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a sampling of what Black Friday shoppers at Target stores could score this year: $3 appliances, deep deals on HDTVs and 50% off on clothes and toys, according to a website that says it has received a leaked copy of the retailer's circular.

Brad Olson, founder of Gottadeal.com, a site that markets itself as one of many "official" Black Friday deal sites, said Wednesday that he received a copy of the discount retailer's ad.

Target spokeswoman Jessica Carlson declined to comment on the leaked circular other than to say that the company will officially unveil the Black Friday deals online on Nov. 24 and the print circular will reach homes on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 25.

For competitive reasons, most merchants typically keep a tight lid on their promotions for Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, until the week before.

Olson, who's been tracking annual Black Friday deals from all of the major retailers -- including Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT - News), Sears (Nasdaq: SHLD - News) and Macy's (NYSE: M - News) -- for the past seven years, said Target's deals look very similar to its gameplan from last year.

"They again focused on electronics and toys mostly," said Olson, adding that readers of his website are "really polarized" about Target's deals this year.

"Many are saying that these deals are great and Target will be the first place where they go on Black Friday, but then others are disappointed. They were expecting much better deals," he said.

According to the Target (NYSE: TGT - News) circular, the Black Friday "doorbuster" deals, or the extra juicy sales, will be available for a limited time from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m., or while supplies last.

These include a 40-inch Westinghouse 1080p LCD HDTV for $298, down from its regular price of $550.

Also in the ad: $3 Chefmate appliances such as 2-slice toasters, 5-speed electric handmixers and 2-slice sandwich makers; a Wii Fit bundle that includes the Wii Fit balance board and Wii Fit Plus game for $67; TomTom GPS XL335T with lifetime traffic updates for $79; 8GB iPod Touch with a $30 gift card for $225; Sony wireless Blu-Ray player for $99; 4GB Xbox 360 game system for $200 with a $50 gift card; DVDs for $4; and 50% off on select toys and children's winter clothing priced at $5.

The ad said the merchant is also offering a free gift card worth $10 if you spend $100 or more at its stores from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Black Friday.

For shoppers looking for early online deals, Target is kicking off discounts a day before Black Friday. Target.com is offering special sales from 3 a.m. ET Thanksgiving Day to 2:59 a.m. ET on Friday featuring up to 50% off on cameras, televisions, a Blu-ray player and a video game console. In addition, any Barbie item purchased will ship for free.[/p]

Source

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Whenever they say "select toys" or something along those lines, you know they're meaning items they want to get the hell off their shelves ASAP because no one buys them anyways.

Did they mention what generation that 8GB iPod Touch was? If it was the latest generation, I might go for one.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
The TV seems like a great deal if it doesn't fall apart on the way home.
rofl2.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Westinghouse is a pretty crappy brand, I had a cd player and a portable tv from them
absolute trash

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
The TV seems like a great deal if it doesn't fall apart on the way home.
rofl2.gif

I've got a 32" Westinghouse, it's a good strong TV. Just don't expect any bells and whistles.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Joe88 @ Nov 11 2010, 10:27 PM) Westinghouse is a pretty crappy brand, I had a cd player and a portable tv from them
absolute trash

I had a westinghouse Analog TV that lasted me 13 years...

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The iPod touch is definitely 4th generation, because otherwise it wouldn't be a good deal. (Heck, I don't think it's a good deal anyways, but whatever).

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
DeMoN said:
The iPod touch is definitely 4th generation, because otherwise it wouldn't be a good deal. (Heck, I don't think it's a good deal anyways, but whatever).
Better than whatever it was priced at before at least. Oh, and congrats on 6666 posts, you evil being. =P

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a 19" westinghouse pc monitor. i bought it around 2005 for about 130 bucks! back then for an lcd monitor that was a steal. i only bought it because of the price. i felt like i had no choice. it died last year, but it survived about 4 moves and was a good monitor. i think it was just the backlight that died but i didn't care to fix it. i wouldn't buy westinghouse, but i did wind up with a 22" westinghouse as my 2nd pc monitor.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
America, of course. The day after Thanksgiving is considered the most popular shopping day of the year.

The site looks interesting. But Target could sell their televisions for 90% off and I'm still not giving them any business, on account their corporate anti homosexual position: http://www.theawl.com/2010/08/real-america...se-it-never-did

QUOTE said:
The truth is not that Target and its leadership have suddenly turned on their commitment to gay rights. It's more that it never really existed to begin with. Further research shows that Target has funneled significant funding to the most socially conservative of Republicans and that it boasts a frightening culture of anti-gay candidate support from Target's own stable of top executives.

We have already noted that CEO Gregg Steinhafel and his wife both maxed out their personal contributions this year to Michele Bachmann and Tom Emmer. But Steinhafel is just the captain of the crew.

QUOTEJust to be clear, Target's official PAC, and every single one of its executives leaders except one, have given healthily to a PAC that overwhelmingly supports anti-gay candidates, many who do not even represent Minnesota. So it's confusing when Target's CEO speaks of "our commitment to diversity, and more specifically, the GLBT community" while at the same time working to ensure that legislative offices nationwide are stocked with lawmakers who would work hardest to destroy the GLBT community.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah cos in Australia we usually buy on Boxing Day cos thats when they clear the excess stock for cheap. May sound really cheap but hey its actually pretty good. I dont know alot of people who give presents exactly on christmas day anyways..

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I saw "$3 Appliances", I seriously thought the article was talking about large appliances such as refridgerators and washer/dryers.
zeromac said:
Ah cos in Australia we usually buy on Boxing Day cos thats when they clear the excess stock for cheap. May sound really cheap but hey its actually pretty good. I dont know alot of people who give presents exactly on christmas day anyways..
It's only the US that has Black Friday (which I just looked up, apparently it's not an official holiday). Boxing Day makes a lot more sense, because the sale is on leftover Christmas products.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
When I saw "$3 Appliances", I seriously thought the article was talking about large appliances such as refridgerators and washer/dryers.
zeromac said:
It's only the US that has Black Friday (which I just looked up, apparently it's not an official holiday). Boxing Day makes a lot more sense, because the sale is on leftover Christmas products.
black friday signifies the start of the christmas shopping

there is also cyber monday which is the first monday after black friday
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber_Monday

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A hand mixer huh...
Hopefully there's not much that is complete crap (maybe expectations are a bit high on $3 items), but eh. New appliances, woohoo~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real