Tamaki from Unseen64, "NX not to compete with PS4 on a power level"

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess I am more worried that this might just sink them lower than actually helping. I just bought a WiiU recently. I dont wanna buy another nintendo console...
The Sega Saturn -> Dreamcast transition effect.
I see it happening again.
Saturn owners were sure annoyed for being cut out of support so early in the console life. And Sega went out of the console market after that.
The only difference is that at the time the Dreamcast was a very good totally up to date console.
In the other hand the NX may not even be able to compete with the (by 2016) 3 years old PS4... It doesn't look good.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Sega Saturn -> Dreamcast transition effect.
I see it happening again.
Saturn owners were sure annoyed for being cut out of support so early in the console life. And Sega went out of the console market after that.
The only difference is that at the time the Dreamcast was a very good totally up to date console.
In the other hand the NX may not even be able to compete with the (by 2016) 3 years old PS4... It doesn't look good.
There is still no proof that whatever the NX is will be a direct followup to the WiiU.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Dear Nintendo,

I want a NX class starship. K-thx-bai!

latest

How much gold-pressed latinum do you have on you?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I guess I am more worried that this might just sink them lower than actually helping. I just bought a WiiU recently. I dont wanna buy another nintendo console...
You poor soul, you bought a console that has about 9-10 (16 in total with multiplats) games worth playing.

Not a wise decision.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hasn't Nintendo understood that if the console isn't on par with the others they won't get ANY third party support? Wasn't the Wii enough as a lesson? They had to fail on that with the WiiU as well, and now they're doing three in a row? Just... wat.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hasn't Nintendo understood that if the console isn't on par with the others they won't get ANY third party support? Wasn't the Wii enough as a lesson? They had to fail on that with the WiiU as well, and now they're doing three in a row? Just... wat.
Watching the WiiU just shovel itself into the floor was pretty funny/sad. A repeat would just be sad.

And the nintendo fanboys eating up a second helping would be tragic.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Nintendo simply doesn't care. I keep saying that if Nintendo is going to go in this route then they need to line up some third party teams that are OK with this direction and solely rely on them. Mobile and Indy devs tend to not have a lot of power to work with. They could try to partner with those companies. It's OK to have a low powered system but Nintendo needs to make it known to the Gaming public that this is their route and to not expect more. There needs to be entry level consoles and I believe Nintendo and I guess NVidia could be those for people. I was hoping for a Nintendo/OUYA war but OUYA never steped up. Maybe NVidia could give it a shot.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well another issue is releasing it in an awkward time between console generations which will kill the NX.

JPSimonetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming it's a console - Maybe I'm being unrealistically optimistic, but is it possible the tweet could mean that Nintendo is going to get back in touch with reality and release hardware that won't compete with PS4 because it blows the PS4 out of the water? Who says Nintendo has to be the underdog in the competition?

Disappointing, though. As a 34 year old, I have fond memories of Nintendo and wish so much that they would do well. But they are determined to mess up everything .... constantly.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Assuming it's a console - Maybe I'm being unrealistically optimistic, but is it possible the tweet could mean that Nintendo is going to get back in touch with reality and release hardware that won't compete with PS4 because it blows the PS4 out of the water? Who says Nintendo has to be the underdog in the competition?

Disappointing, though. As a 34 year old, I have fond memories of Nintendo and wish so much that they would do well. But they are determined to mess up everything .... constantly.
Nintendo hardware on the top... ha.... haha... hahahahahaaaaa :rofl:...... :cry:

Reactions: Friendsxix

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
One thing that i'm hoping is that they release a premium version of the NX, more storage, better battery and nicer design for the handheld such as OLED/IPS over LED and aluminium build.
Assuming that they are going for a $150-200 price point then they could achieve this at $350-ish and I definitely see fans opting for the premium model and the existence of it will give the console value, like how the apple watch edition gives the apple watch more value.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker