Talk to me

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by gizmo_gal, Apr 13, 2008.

Apr 13, 2008

Talk to me by gizmo_gal at 8:59 PM (1,813 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. gizmo_gal
    OP

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    I'm withdrawing from my usual level of activity--not just on this forum but on the internet period because as a soon-to-be College Freshman I want to be able to focus on my studies.

2. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    GBA flashcards tend to contain expensive NOR flash, or, at least, a decent amount of fast RAM.

NDS Flashcards contain either nothing of value, or cheap NAND flash.

3. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    Yes. If you are going to use it for GBA functionality, it should work the same (except for lite sized versions. You will need a different shell.).

4. gizmo_gal
    OP

United States
    I'm withdrawing from my usual level of activity--not just on this forum but on the internet period because as a soon-to-be College Freshman I want to be able to focus on my studies.

5. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    There is so many flashkarts in the market, due to the profit one can make out of it. It's a very obvious question.

Also, the reason why it's expensive for $100 a Slot-1 Flashkart, is because there are cheap choices, like DSTT, EDGE, and Acekard 2, which are all under $40. And most consumers are aimed toward kids, and teens, which means that they can't afford as much as adults can or might. As explained before, some of them can't afford a lot, including myself, and goes for an option that's cheaper, but still worth the money. The companies take advantage out of that, and make a simple flashkart, hoping people will buy it, due to its low price. People who has a job, and has a reasonable amount of money wouldn't think a $100 is a big amount.

I'm not exactly sure why slot 2s are worth a lot of money in the current times. Most of them aren't worth it. Also, if the GBA flashkart's shell is sized the same as the ordinary ones, then yes, it should work.

6. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    It's not really due to competition. The components in a slot-1 flashcart cost pennies each, the cards could be made for far less than they sell.

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    yea I was originally gonna get a M3 Simply and M3 Lite Perfect (like $75)

that was gonna be pretty expensive, had to buy 2 MicroSD cards, 2 expensive carts

then the M3 Real Perfect came out for $60 which had both (well not exactly the GBA cart is just a flash cart that you flash a rom too, everything is stored on the main cart micro SD) brought down the cost to about more then half the price I was orginally gonna spend

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    NOR flash is indeed expensive. During the GBA era, it was not uncommon to spend over $100 to gain enough space for 1-4 GBA roms. RAM is cheaper but still fairly expensive.

9. gizmo_gal
    OP

United States
    Sorry. Ignore, ignore.