News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Patch.png

After roughly 4 years the team behind the Tales of Vesperia PS3 project today released its first english patch. It comes in two flavours:

1) ISO patch: Users who are capable of running homebrew can use a patch tool that patches the required files from a Vesperia ISO

2) For users who can't run homebrew on their PS3 systems the team has prepared an online translation to follow while playing Vesperia in japanese

The game has been fully translated except skits and costumes from DLC. More information and instructions can be found at the homepage of the project below.

Source

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
A shame they haven't gotten to skits. Skits are a pretty fun part of the experience of Tales games. It's still nice to see people have the option for the PS3 version available to them. Personally, I bought the game for my 360 awhile back and can't find enough reason with the additional content to try the PS3 version.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A shame they haven't gotten to skits. Skits are a pretty fun part of the experience of Tales games. It's still nice to see people have the option for the PS3 version available to them. Personally, I bought the game for my 360 awhile back and can't find enough reason with the additional content to try the PS3 version.
But skits are translated. Only those from DLC are not.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol what a waste of time and resources, holy. For the minimal content the PS3 version added, it's hilarious they wasted so much time translating it. Patty was pretty bad, and flynn is cool but not worth the effort to translate just to play. Had my fill on the jap version, was enough for me and that's saying a lot given ToV is probably my favorite Tales game.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Now I have a solid reason to try and fix a fat ylod'd PS3 a friend has for doorstop.
Patty is reason enough to play this again, even though I recently finished it(a month ago).
for the ones wondering about the extra content:
  • One extra character: Patty Fleur.
  • Flynn joins your party at different moments in the history and becomes a permanent party member after Aurnion.
  • Extended battle system: up to 8 Overlimit levels, inclusion of the "Artes Ball" to equip up to 16 artes, new weapons, skills and artes for all the characters and a dual mystic arte with Yuri and Flynn.
  • New Quests, sub-quests and bosses(including Sword Dancer, Don Whitehouse and Clint from the Hunting Blades).
  • History adjustments to fit characters from the prequel movie Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike.
  • Full voice acting.
I think that's enough reason for another play.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Took too long, most of the translation could have been brought over from the 360 version.

The project should have taken 2 -3 years tops, I don't think people care anymore except the most hardcore of JRPG enthusiasts.

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Took too long, most of the translation could have been brought over from the 360 version.

The project should have taken 2 -3 years tops, I don't think people care anymore except the most hardcore of JRPG enthusiasts.

Dude i'm still waiting for ace combat 3 translation patch to get done, that and couple other old games.. hell in some cases i might end up learning language before they're done, doesn't change the fact i always love to see more of that :D

Home_Rowed

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I definitely care, but yeah I am "the most hardcore of JRPG enthusiasts." LOL

PSO2 anyone?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
lol what a waste of time and resources, holy. For the minimal content the PS3 version added, it's hilarious they wasted so much time translating it. Patty was pretty bad, and flynn is cool but not worth the effort to translate just to play. Had my fill on the jap version, was enough for me and that's saying a lot given ToV is probably my favorite Tales game.
Thank you for your valuable contribution to the discussion. Was it really worth 10 seconds of your life to rip into somebody's hobby project for no reason?

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm so going to donate to these guys :)
I used to check their website every 3-4 months to follow their progresses, it's so great they made it!

Reactions: drgnslayers

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your valuable contribution to the discussion. Was it really worth 10 seconds of your life to rip into somebody's hobby project for no reason?

Was it worth yours to reply to me?

Hint: The answer isn't yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.