Tales of Vesperia exclusivity contract was “false information"

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Paarish, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Paarish
    OP

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Namco Europe Junior Community Manager Charlotte Toci has retracted her statement from April, where she claimed a Microsoft exclusivity contract was preventing Tales of Vesperia from seeing a PlayStation 3 release in the west. Her statement, issued on Facebook, apologizes for wrongly “sharing a false information to fans.”

Here’s the thing in full:

A few months ago I replied to a fan who asked me why Tales of Vesperia wasn’t localized in Europe on my Facebook page. I replied that it was because of a Microsoft exclusivity, thinking that that was the reason why, even though I didn’t have any official information on that.

I was wrong to do so, and sadly my reply was relayed on many websites, thus sharing a false information to fans around the web.

I would like to send my sincere apologies to all the Tales Series fans I have wrongly informed, and Microsoft & Namco Bandai for any damage that might have been caused with this.
    [/p]

Source

Pretty much speaks for itself. Looks like Microsoft DIDN'T pay for exclusivity.

2. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Hello Vesperia PS3.

3. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Keep dreaming.
    Also this "news" is pretty old.
    Like, almost a week old.

4. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Way to fail on part of that person.

Still no guarantees that we'll be seeing Vesperia on PS3, but at least there is a known chance now. Also, I feel fucking dumb for ever believing that. I mean, the damn game released on the PS3 in Japan a couple years ago.

5. Paarish
    OP

United Kingdom
    Didn't see it posted here, so I thought it would make sense.
    Also, I don't want Microsoft to have a bad reputation because of someone else's misinformation.

And yeah I still don't think we're gonna get ToV PS3. Just be happy we're getting ToGF

6. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    It makes sense since, you know, it was released for the PS3 already.

7. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Microsoft already has a bad reputation.

8. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Uh huh, so do EA, Activision, Nintendo, Sony, Apple.....

9. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    No company has what everybody will consider a good reputation. Of course, not everybody is aware of every company's fuck ups. While some will remember them just out of hatred, most just sort of forget, especially as it almost never directly affects them, even when it seems like it should have.

10. Paarish
    OP

United Kingdom
    please note that I said "because of someone else's misinformation". As in no fault of their own.

And Yay! 1000th post [​IMG]
    EDIT: [​IMG] I've lost all me medals

11. Amiti

Member Amiti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I highly doubt it's coming over. Though first they need to really (and I mean fucking, REALLY) focus on Abyss and Graces f. And lord who knows if they were going to do well with this fanbase.

12. Aether

Newcomer Aether Member

Netherlands
    The fanbase is fine, it's just that they should advertise these games way more.

And yeah, I doubt ToV PS3 will get a 'localized' release as well. [​IMG]
    It's the same story as Tales of Symphonia PS2, extra content and never has been released outside of Japan.

13. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    Even if that information is false, it's never coming. The game is way too old and it's been released in North America and Europe already. Since it's a port from an older game, Namco are wise not to bring it over, they wouldn't sell enough copies to make enough profits. Sure, some hardcore tales fans would buy it, but casual gamers who played the 360 version wouldn't.

Also, no offense, but Vesperia on PS3 doesn't have enough extra content for me to get anyway. I'd rather they choose to release Xillia after Tales of Graces F and Abyss.

Also, Vesperia is ugly. Even Graces F, which is a wii port is better looking than vesperia is.

14. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    But a reputation isn't an opinion. It's a status based created off of the opinions of many, but one's reputation is more fact than opinion.

15. cwstjdenobs

Member cwstjdenobs Sodomy non sapiens

United Kingdom
    I don't get why it was a problem. Even if it had being the case that MS had paid them, how do you think any console manufacturer has ever got third part exclusives? You think the publishers actually think "We just like Company X so much we're not even considering other platforms", and not "What will you give us to not put this on Company Ys product?". It may "only" be reduced licensing costs, pride of place in marketing blurb for the hardware etc, but it is still money when you get down to it.

I don't know. Jerry Springer the Musical has a terrible reputation due to people who won't even watch it.

MS still have a terrible reputation for underhanded or straight up illegal business practices, or just killing non competeing products because they can, and that hasn't strictly being true since before Gates retired. Ballmer almost fucked shit up again like, with his early campaign of FUDD about FOSS, but I think people managed to get him to realise that that shit does more harm than good.

And there's companies doing GM crops or animal testing for medicine. All these have terrible, slanderous reputations due to a vocal minority who have no real clue about the subject at hand.

There are still people out there who rage at AMD, and refuse to even consider an AMD product of any type (including ATI GPUs now) over an old bug in an old Windows that made one of their CPU's look broken on boot. The right people aren't about to ask right now but I think it was around the K5 era. It was all down to MS putting in pauses needed by Intel CPUs that AMD's didn't need. MS caused the problem, AMD got the shit.

And then there's the people who throw "it's three times more expensive than anything else of similar or better specs because they never have, and just will not, sell anything that isn't at least 50% net profit" at Apple...