Tales of the Abyss pushed to 2012 in NA

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by heartgold, Sep 3, 2011.

Sep 3, 2011
  1. heartgold
    OP

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Tales of the Abyss is not going to make it out in North America before the year closes out. That information comes from the most recent issue of Nintendo Power, which lists the game as a Q1 2012 release. No reason was given for the delay, but one would think that the title was looking to avoid the holiday blitz of first-party games, all while waiting for the 3DS to gain a few more users.[/p]

Disappointing [​IMG] Hope the EU version still on track for a 2011 release.

Source

2. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    I don't think it SHOULD make a big deal to anyone in NA. Seeing as they could just play the game on the PS2.
    AFAIK the EU release date is still November 2011 [​IMG]

3. Intimidator88

Member Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Whats with all the delays for the 3DS its like 3rd Party dont want the 3DS to sell dang.

4. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    If they push back EU too then im going to send a rant message to them. People should go more Xenoblade/Last Story styles just to piss of americans and let them suffer what we suffered!

5. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Well it makes sense, when Mario Land & Mario Kart are in the spotlight, no game and I mean NO GAME has the ability to stand up against Mario. Not a single one. Nope.

@DarkStriker - That will virtually come me out, even though I own a NA 3DS. IDC when the game comes out or if it does. If it gets delayed, cancelled etc, it's not the end of the world.

6. Ace Overclocked

Member Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Italy
    +1
    i remember what we had to endure in the 5th/6th gen (sorry but i wasn't born when the 4th gen was there)

7. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Why? They did it to us, why don't you do it now. We as Americans don't deserve this at all, we got Chrono Trigger, you didn't get NoA. Win-Win.

8. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Whats NoA o.o?
    I dont care about NoA because i dont know what it is. And Tales>NoA. Unless its a persona game or something close.

9. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    Nintendo Of America.

10. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This. It's a dual fold response - they won't fight for sales during the first party barrage, and by the time their game does hit the floor, there will be more 3DS owners.

11. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    When you think of it, this is probably the main reason why 3rd party support dwindles on Nintendo hardware. As long as Nintendo pushes out software, it makes it that much more difficult for the other developers to compete for consumer currency. From my PoV, with the exception of a few titles, Nintendo-developed games rank extremely high on their own devices vs 3rd party, whereas on systems made by MS and Sony, it isn't so high, giving 3rd party developers some room to breath.

12. MigueelDnd

Member MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Damn... I wanted this game and already had the money to buy it. I hope it comes in early 2012 ^^

13. Amiti

Member Amiti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Namco better be working on voicing the skits with this freaking delay then.

They also better tell GameStop to remove that 2/7/12 date for Tales of Graces f because there is no way in hell TWO Tales of games are getting released in AMERICA. Hell we don't even know what the progress is for Graces f.

https://twitter.com/#!/Filthierich/stat...075511795396610 And that just pisses me off. The answer is yes dammit.

14. matthewn4444

Member matthewn4444 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They are never going to voice the game with this delay, they just feel like it and so it will sell less because it's not during the holidays.

15. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    this is disappointing, it was the only game i wanted to pick up for my 3ds this fall, even though i have it on my ps2.
    we aren't failing Namco Bandai by not buying there games, Namco Bandai is failing us by delaying and cancelling the release of there games and poorly advertising them.

16. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    People are saying, dev are waiting because most people will go for the the first party first using most if not all their money. Then when first party pretty much done in by the holidays. People will only have 3rd party to pick from afterwards when they get more money.

Basically they are "scare" their games will get beaten by Nintendo games.

17. Amiti

Member Amiti GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Same here. Probably the only game I'll be getting from Namco. I realize that Nintendo Power is not the best source but I REALLY wish they (in the May issue) didn't say that "Tales of the Abyss would be the first RPG for the 3DS for FALL 2011" especially if Namco America isn't going to bother following up on it. Hell, we didn't even GET a release date and they delay it.

But hey if Namco wants too see how long they can go without giving the US a Tales game, fine. You're winning.

18. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    then it's the 3rd party's fault for not making a game that can go toe-to-toe with 1st party games. seriously, if they want a bigger share of the market, then don't blame Nintendo for making better games. they themselves should push harder to make much better games. all they really need to do is hang out where gamers hang out, get a feel for what gamers want, and find a way to mash em all up together in one title.

think Cross Treasures, where the gamers themselves were polled to see what features they'd want on a game. of course, Cross Treasures was strictly Japan-only, and even then didn't perform too well sales-wise. but hey, i myself can vouch for the quality of the game, and the options available to the player was awesome.

and to those people who are waiting for Tales of Abyss, why not get the 3DS earlier? i mean, it's not like the title has been cancelled you know. it's still coming out. eventually. and by then you'll probably get a feel for how the 3DS works, and you'll be used to the sweet spot. this way, you can focus on the game more.

19. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    I dont understand why people in NA are complaining. If you want to play it, then play it on your PS2. The only addition to the 3DS version is the 3D and the lesser-quality font.
    Other than that its the same game but wuth jaggies. [​IMG]

20. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    I don't find it THAT shocking... I already long expected this game to be pushed.