tales of the abyss! :D

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by RichardLaughter, Jan 7, 2012.

Jan 7, 2012

tales of the abyss! :D by RichardLaughter at 9:54 PM (3,503 Views / 0 Likes) 73 replies

1. RichardLaughter
    OP

Member RichardLaughter GBAtemp Regular

february 14th is the date of the release for tales of the abyss and im just curious as to who is getting and who is not? since resident evils release date is close, i will also include it in this thread. who is getting resident evil? :D im getting both!

2. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    I already have it a month! But it is a great game. Just cheap 3D effect.

3. RichardLaughter
    OP

lol wow you are lucky! :/ and im not too concerned about the 3D. tales of the abyss is the ONLY tales of game i have yet to play, so i cant wait to beat it, and be able to say i have played and beaten every tales game :D

4. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    i am getting it (even if i have the ps2 version)

buy "tales of" games

so more "tales of" may come out in the West

5. RichardLaughter
    OP

agreed! :) i buy all the tales of games. i even have tales of innocence in my collection. sadly that is one that not many know of.

6. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Tempest and several other Tales of are much less known than Innocence. =S

On topic, I already have Abyss for teh 3DS since its launch in Europe since it came much earlier here. x3
    I hope this remake for the 3DS means there'll be more localised Tales games in english.

7. RichardLaughter
    OP

yeah i wish the same :/ i would rather play a tales of game over a final fantasy or kingdom hearts game any day.

8. BrightNeko

Member BrightNeko Popcorn ball

United States
    I'm getting it even though its a horrible game. I like to support the tales series when ever I can, even when they make something that doesn't need to exist.

9. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Abyss isn't a 'horrible' game, it's not as good as some of the other Tales games, but it's still a pretty good game, one of the best PS2 rpgs (although Legendia was much better imho)

10. RichardLaughter
    OP

aww why did you think it was horrible? i watched the anime just to get a taste of the story, and i thought it was compelling to say the least.

11. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Tales Of The Abyss is one of the games that made me want a 3DS in the first place.
    Loved it on the ps2

12. BrightNeko

Member BrightNeko Popcorn ball

United States
    The game came after legendia which already wasn't a good start since that was a pretty awesome game.

Aside from that on its own the characters, and story aren't well written at all after you get the replacement for luke. Along with that outside of battle characters are very stiff and lifeless with very few well moving animations. The textures in the game are poor feeling like they come from a PS1 game rather than a PS2 game.

The music jesus christ the music on its own the music is fine but when your in for the long haul it gets grating. The game's motif is in almost every song and way to noticeable making everything sound the same. With the way things build to the end the horrible writting, having to look at the fucking bastard characters, and at the peak hear the same damn bump of chicken song in orchestral just to be topped with a cliff hanger makes the game horrible.

After all that the game isn't even finished. similar to vesperia it was pushed out not done. Obviously in game you are suppose to have Ion be playable, and not so obviously VAN OF ALL PEOPLE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE PLAYABLE.

Credit due though the battle system is a delight, it has its moments, and the music when played on its own is really good.

13. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    This is hugely subjective....i'd wager that the majority of people wouldn't feel the same way....

14. RichardLaughter
    OP

well what would you say is the best ps2 rpg? if you say legaia 2 gtfo :D

15. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    The PS2 was so filled with AMAZING RPG's that to name but one would be a travesty....but Abyss boasted flaws that would put it in the worth playing category rather than essentials category of RPG.

16. RichardLaughter
    OP

ahh well feb 14th ill be sure to drop an unbiased review. :) since im getting resident evil revelations as well, ill drop one for it as well.

17. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Got my ToA already :O. Still waiting for a english release in PS3 for ToV, ToG & ToX. And im willing to buy all 3 of them at once even if they came at the same time.

18. RichardLaughter
    OP

lol well you are by far a devoted fan ^_^ you get props.

19. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    All for a western release :)

20. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    You're completely broken if you actually believe what you just said.

I'll be getting this at launch. This and Graces need to do fantastic or we'll never see Xillia.

Enjoy waiting forever. It'll never come. Basically the same game already exists on the 360, there's just some filler content that was added for the PS3 version.
    Sure, it'd be cool to have...but there's no point waiting for it, or hoping they waste resources to release it in English when they could do something more useful instead.