Tales of the Abyss 3Ds Laggy ?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Youkai, Nov 28, 2011.

Nov 28, 2011

Tales of the Abyss 3Ds Laggy ? by Youkai at 3:45 PM (1,557 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Hi,
    I am playing Tales of the Abyss since Friday (still only 10 hours game time XD) and on several occasions i noticed or at least had the feeling that the game does lag oO !

might that be a "bug" or is the 3Ds just to weak or just my imagination ????

especialy on the world map when there are many trees it takes hours to rotate the camera -.-V

P.S. why is the EU version English only ? or did i get a wrong version :P
    don't really mind that much but some text parts would be easyer in my own language especilly cuz it doesn't even say its on english on the cover (at least not big enough for me to see it)

2. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Namco did mention that they had to squeeze the heck out of the 3DS due it being a direct PS2 port, while trying to compress the 4.7GB size of the original DVD. I would think that they would correct these things (slowdowns) BEFORE releasing the game, but, I guess not.

3. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    Two times I have noted lags/slowdowns:

1)Spells (most notably Anise's)

2)Mystic Artes being used during a mid-high tier spell.

4. Youkai
    OP

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    lucky i never noticed in fights oO for me its only on the world map and there its pretty bad sometimes.

but yeah grafic is really awesome for such a little thing like the 3ds (even thaught i have the 3d off all the time ... not really good)
    still they could have lessened the lag with just removing some things like (the worst of it all) in the dessert the sand in the air.

5. Ryufushichou

Member Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

Australia
    Even the PS2 had some lag on the world map though, Battles also take forever to load on the PS2 version from the world map.So atleast they improved these things and i havent noticed any lag at all in my copy.

6. popcorn900
    This message by popcorn900 has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 10, 2016.
    Dec 8, 2011
  7. Chikaku-chan
    This message by Chikaku-chan has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 10, 2016.
    Dec 8, 2011
  8. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Well, I never got real 'lag' in the game, at most what I got was a slowdown during the world map, but that was only once and didn't happen again... And so far I'm into 27 hours and all characters around level 40 something so I would notice something... Maybe that lag is random or something... Also, regarding the language... They're using the PS2 port, and from what I recall the PS2 port only had english, also, the voice acting and all that seems to be the same from the PS2, I really doubt they'd go to the trouble of adding other languages to a game like Tales, I've never seen a Tales in a language other than either Japanese or English... Or maybe I didn't notice it or something... Generally there's not many RPG's with voice acting that feature more than one language to begin with, it'd take too much space in the game.