Tales of the Abyss 3DS Hits Europe This November

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Paarish, Jul 1, 2011.

Jul 1, 2011
  1. Paarish
    OP

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Last week Namco Bandai revealed that they would be attending Japan Expo 2011 and would be showing off Tales of Graces f and Tales of the Abyss 3DS, among other titles. We have information about the games thanks to early reports from people who went to the event, including Tales of the Abyss 3DS's finalized European release date.

Tales of the Abyss was originally released on the PS2 on December 15, 2005 and was localized in North America on October 10, 2006. The game was regarded as an improvement over Tales of Symphonia, extending that game's multi-line battle system into a battle system which allows players to freely move about the field in battle.

According to reports, a couple trailers for Tales of the Abyss 3DS were shown off. Tales of Graces f was supposed to receive a trailer but was canned due to technical difficulties, so it was replaced with the Tales of Xillia scenario trailer which received a huge applause when Hideo Baba asked fans if they wanted the game in Europe.

The biggest news of the event, however, was the announcement that Tales of the Abyss 3DS would be hitting Europe on November 10, 2011. The date is quite interesting as other big-name titles such as The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception release in Europe right around that time, albeit for different systems entirely. No word about the finalized North American release was revealed, however.[/p]

Source

So far away... [​IMG]
    Hopefully they give us Tales of Xillia as well

2. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    lol chill!
    plenty of games will be out till then [​IMG].

3. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Anything is better than the 2012 date they gave us.

Skyrim and this will be a good month.

4. Paarish
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm not THAT hyped about it.
    Seriously.
    I could go on my PS2 and play it right now if I wanted to :3

5. SamAsh07

Member SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Bahrain
    No finalization on NA release? Uff this is getting annoying day by day, might as well go buy a PAL 3DS.

6. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Have to agree. It seems like Nintendo and everybody who develops games for Nintendo platforms are avoiding NA like the plague. Europe used to get releases later, as there are plenty more languages that they include. The priorities that exist make little sense.

7. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Before 2012?

Hopefully it isn't rushed [​IMG]

8. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    well I love this news ^^

I am a hugh Tales of Fan but never got a Playstation ... could only play some ps1 games on emulator/psp, so thats a really good thing to hear now that i just ordered my 3ds ^^

9. Paarish
    OP

United Kingdom
    There IS gonna be a NA release, they just haven't said a date. It will most likely be before the European date as all they have to do is insert all the English stuff from the PS2 version and bug fixing. Whereas the EU release needs to correct the English for UK (e.g. color-->colour) and have the other European languages.

10. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    Correcting the English for UK with most games is just replacing some z's with s'. [​IMG]

I just find it sort of weird that an EU release date is completely confirmed, where as NA still has nothing except the fact that the game is coming. You can guarantee the translation will be "updated," which means translating the new Japanese Abyss 3DS game from scratch, regardless of how few changes there may actually be.

11. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    I'm playing it on the PS2 at the moment....before i started i was actually looking forward to the game on the 3DS but wow this game drags on and on and on....

12. Paarish
    OP

United Kingdom
    This is going to be a completely new game for EU. This is a game that NA have had before. Makes sense that they advertise more in EU then NA. Also, according to Famitsu, the game is basically the NA version but with faster load times and the 3D isn't impressive. You're not missing much if it doesn't come to NA.

13. demonicstrife

Member demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    Was this game ever released in Europe for the PS2? If not, then I'd see that as a reason to prioritize an EU release over the US for the 3DS version. We've already played it, or can play it if we haven't.

14. xist

United Kingdom
    Cost me a fortune to import....wasn't really worth it.... [​IMG]

15. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    I've actually been looking to just modify my PS2 as to play the game that way. Too bad the mail lost my currently non-replaceable PS2 memory card.

Regardless, would it be that difficult to confirm the NA release date? I mean, a two second online mention would make people happy.

16. xist

United Kingdom
    Why? Tales of the Abyss got a US release. ebay it?

17. Nathan Drake

Antarctica
    I don't even have the cash to replace my PS2 memory card, and Tales of the Abyss gets spendy, especially for somebody with no budget.

18. MigueelDnd

Member MigueelDnd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I wonder what the US release date will be... hopefully it's earlier than Europe's, there would be many good 3DS games coming in November otherwise.

19. Maedhros

Member Maedhros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    The port on the 3DS has a lot of problems with framerates and jaggies, that's what I read on GAF, from someone who boughts it.

20. SuperMarioMaster

Member SuperMarioMaster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My guess is that the American version probably comes out in late August-September. Or if Namco is being mean, then January.