OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all,

Im currently playin tales of symphonia on my old crt tv with s-video cable and its very horrible to play with if you compare it with rgb 60hz games.Even my ps2 looks nicer.

Ok here comes my question,ive seen topics about video mode changer etc etc,but is this possible for Tales Of Symphonia 2 To get rid of red screen and play in pal 60 or 480p.
I couldnt open the iso file with trucia and have no clue what to do next.Is there been working on to release a Pal fixed rgb version or whatever.
If anyone know some tips or have it working with RGB cable.Feel free too tell Cause i wanna play this game badly With some better Image detail
gbasp.gif

Waiting on Pal Version would make no sense at all since bandai is so slow releasing games in the EU.Will take atleast 6 more months before release here i guess hehe.
hate2.gif

Greetings,

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How did you get a s-video cable in europe???

If you only get the game to work in red&black with the rgb cable, then the game doesn't contain code for PAL video modes. You could open the .iso with trucha signer or WiiScrubber, extract the main.dol and patch the video modes with the generic wii patcher. Or you can just try my toy:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
s-video is standard here in netherlands..or you can rather call it Composite Cable..
frown.gif
.all ntsc games are red yes.The problem is as well i cannot open the iso with trucha..^^.I go try wiiscrubber but i think it will result to the same..

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK i could open it with wiiscrubber...do i need substract the maindol from Partition 1 Update or Partition 2 Data ?

when i extract it i go use VMC i guess to change it to pal 60.

Greetings.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XeNoGeaR said:
s-video is standard here in netherlands..or you can rather call it Composite Cable..
frown.gif
.all ntsc games are red yes.The problem is as well i cannot open the iso with trucha..^^.I go try wiiscrubber but i think it will result to the same..

I doubt that composite = s-video. With my toy you wouldn't need to patch the .iso.

QUOTE(XeNoGeaR @ Feb 5 2009, 02:34 PM) OK i could open it with wiiscrubber...do i need substract the maindol from Partition 1 Update or Partition 2 Data ?

when i extract it i go use VMC i guess to change it to pal 60.

Greetings.

Partition 2. Always. And yes PAL60, i don't trust 480i->576i conversion.

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Composite gives the same screen image as s-video its the same quallity.Both are horrible though.

Anyway i took the data main.dol file and i used Video mode changer and then replaced the maindol in the wiiscrubber again.

Hopefully it works lets try tonight when i can burn the game hehehe
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If i were you i would test it with my toy first. If it works with the force PAL 480i setting, then i'm sure the NTSC->PAL patch in the generic wii patcher will work. You don't need to reburn the game if you use my toy.

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok .... but i ned reburn it anyway but i dont care...got enough dvd's.

Anyway i took your advice.Wiiscrubbed>took main.dol

opened in generic wii patcher. clicked video mode changer>clicked ntsc > pal.

Now i go burn and test tonight.Should be ok like this ?

EDIT: I use Gecko OS to load the game.So lets see the red screen will dissapear now and if im able to play with rgb cable.Would make me superhappy
frown.gif
... ntsc red screen sox donkeyballs

Greetings

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why don't you want to try my toy? Set it to IOS36 if you have a modchip and it should work fine.

XeNoGeaR said:
Ok .... but i ned reburn it anyway but i dont care...got enough dvd's.

Anyway i took your advice.Wiiscrubbed>took main.dol

opened in generic wii patcher. clicked video mode changer>clicked ntsc > pal.

Now i go burn and test tonight.Should be ok like this ?

Greetings

If you saved in the GWP and reintegrated the patchted main.dol into the.iso it should work.

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
by reintegrated you mean just open iso in wiiscrubbed and press replace file ?..dont need do anythign after right ? sorry im askin all this.I never used any wii patching tool ^^.Thx for the help btw.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XeNoGeaR said:
Composite gives the same screen image as s-video its the same quallity.Both are horrible though.

I don't mean to hijack, back that's not true. Composite has all the video data in one cruddy channel, and it's all mixed together and dependent on the receiving end (TV) to figure it out. SVideo, while not as good as Component, splits the video stream (hence the different pins on the plug/barrel) and gives a better picture as the receiver doesn't have to try and piece everything back together as much.

SVideo still isn't great, but it's faaaar better than composite.

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
hehe ok...guess youre right about that..then its my mistake sorry.But they are both too awfull these days .when i have my beautifull x360 and ps3 on 1080p on 50inch plasma. Composite is just too low..I even went takin a old crt tv in my room for this wii only.Wii + rgb or ps2 with rgb and crt tv just works best for me.640x480 on any lcd is horrible as heck.On plasma its bit better but still not enough i would say hehe.

XeNoGeaR

OP
Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I burned it,But disk doesnt load i get black screen now with error disk
frown.gif

what should i do now,i serriously wanna play this game on RGB afff
frown.gif

I got Firmware 3.3E and i use GeckoOS. normal usa wii tales 2 boots fine.but with patch not.

hopefully you can help again ,

EDIT: omg it works now ^^..60hz rulezz.

I used Video mode changer tool on brute mode and pressed interlaced 640x480i

Then i replaced in scrubber.Couldnt put disk in wii in start screen.I star gecko os then put englihs and force 60pal. then cd in and press load disk and it works like a charm on rgb
ohmy.gif

Greetings !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: