Tales of Symphony 2 Wii & Tales of Innocence DS

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Hadrian, Jul 20, 2007.

Jul 20, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    From IGN:
    "Following up on last year's Tales of the Tempest, DS owners can look forward to another original Tales game, Tales of Innocence. Developed by Alfa Systems, the title will see Japanese release towards the end of this year.

Wii isn't going to let the DS have the fun all to itself. Did you enjoy Tales of Symphonia on the GameCube or (later) the PS2? Then you'll want to check out Tales of Symphonia: Ratatoskr no Kishi. A direct sequel to Symphonia, this Wii-only title takes place in the same world, but two years later. A Japanese release is set for Spring 2008."

Excellent new, loved Symphonia so I'm pleased of a sequel but come on Namco give us none Japanese speakers Tempest soon!

2. loathsome

Member loathsome GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Here's some Tales of Innocence screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    would i be wrong to say that those graphics look awesome,

by the way, i heard tales of tempest was crap anyways

4. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    What a coincidence!

I just finished watching Volume 1 of "Tales of Symphonia: The Animation". [​IMG]

5. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    I looks like Tales of Innocence has the same battle system as Tales of the Tempest (which I really didn't like) but atleast it has a massive improvement on graphics and visuals.

Good news on Tales of Symphonia sequel too! So far, its my absolute favorite Tales game [​IMG]

6. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Whatever happened to the release of that DS tales game outside Japan? I remember it on some list, but never showing up as of yet...and now they're onto a sequel. Kinda aggravating.

7. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Screw Symphonia, I want a Abyss sequel!

Seriously though, that's great news. Any confirmation on the battle system used in ToS2 yet?

8. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    IGN has posted more details about both titles:
    "The new DS game seems to be getting the most attention right now; expectedly, it's due out first. As mentioned in our earlier report, Tales of Innocence, set for Japanese release at the end of 2007, is being developed at Alfa System, which previously worked on Narikiri Dungeon 2 for Game Boy Advance and Tales of the World Radiant Mythology for the PSP. In fact, work on Innocence started around the same time as that of Radiant Mythology, meaning the DS game has been in production for quite some time.

Bandai Namco seems to be going all out with this one. The game will include an opening movie by Production IG, which will be unveiled at September's Tokyo Game Show. Visually, the game will feature full 3D graphics.

The story for Innocence centers on Luca, a resident of the peaceful capital city of Regnam. Luca, son of a merchant, has special powers, although he's not alone, as others like him have started appearing in the town of late. His personality is said to be a bit different from your standard RPG character; in fact, the game's producers feel his role is somewhat switched with that of the heroine, Iria.

The game's battle system will be a combination of past Tales systems. Innocence will use the Dimension Stride LMBS (Linear Motion Battle System), which is said to combine elements of the Flex Range LMBS from Abyss and the Aeral LMBS from the PS2 version of Destiny.

Moving on to the Wii Tales of Symphonia Knights of Ratatoskr, the Spring 2008 (Japanese release) title is, as mentioned in our initial update, a direct sequel to the GameCube and PS2 Tales of Symphonia, painting a new story three years after the events of that game. While story details are scarce, Bandai Namco did announce that the game's main character would be named Emil, and the heroine Malta. Lloyd and other characters from the original will also appear in the game.

Bandai Namco is working on some updates to the title for the Wii. Visually, the company claims that the graphics have been improved, with higher texture resolution. This is true of new dungeons and towns, and those that you might have visited in the original.

Gameplay is also seeing a few updates. The game will feature Wii-mote direct controls, allowing players to move around by pointing at sections of the map. While not strictly Wii related, the game will also include the ability to capture and breed monsters for use as allies in battle."

There is also this one picture released:
    [​IMG]
    Looks a bit PSX doesn't it?

9. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

THATS DS?????
    Awesome, it seems their going all out on this. I hope the adventure is gonna be a decent size too,

anyone reckon this is gonna be another 2gbit game?

10. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    The ones in loathsomes post are DS, the one in my last one is Wii.

The DS one looks lovely but the Wii looks a bit lacking imo, I just hope that one pic doesn't represent the whole game.

11. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    The DS version looks lovely, but everyone knows how bad Namco/Bandi are with localisations ~ we won't see it over here for ageees! [​IMG]

12. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    If ever! The Wii game I reckon we'll see next year, I've given up on Tempest though I hear its not very good at all.

13. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    There are actually 4 games, but only 2 are new, the others are ports.

* Tales of Innocence (NDS) - Winter 2007 - an all new Tales RPG for NDS
    * Tales of Symphonia: Ratatosuku no Kishi (Wii) - 2008 - a direct sequel to Tales of Symphonia
    * Tales of Destiny Director's Cut (PS2) - 2008
    * Tales of Rebirth (PSP) - 2008 - port of the PS2 version