Gaming Tales of Symphonia: Perfect Edition - Coming to the PS3

-Hero-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks. I was really hoping they would announce that in the Tales of Festival in the first week of June.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
They would have to retranslate it though, since its localization was funded by Nintendo (and there's an exclusivity deal too, cf ToS PS2).
So even IF this was true, it would have been a Japan-only deal.
But with the general philosophy behind choosing the PS3 for low-cost Tales Of games, I'd see them very well developing for the WiiU.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder if it's still a good idea developing for PS3, since PS4 will already be released this year, and it isn't backward compatible.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wonder if it's still a good idea developing for PS3, since PS4 will already be released this year, and it isn't backward compatible.
Well the target audience is still tens of millions. That's very big compared to the 0 of the PS4 at current. As the development process will take time, I'd imagine they'll take all they need for the games. Not like it's the number one system seller on any platform? :P

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well the target audience is still tens of millions. That's very big compared to the 0 of the PS4 at current. As the development process will take time, I'd imagine they'll take all they need for the games. Not like it's the number one system seller on any platform? :P

PS4 isn't even released, so we can't compare sales, but we can estimate how long it would take to develop that game,
and my bet is that it wouldn't be released before 2014.
Said that, they could use a all-new hardware much more powerful and yet release their first game for PS4.
I can't see it going wrong,especially with a game with such limited audience.

But I understand your point of view, and maybe it's the best from market point of view.

Reactions: Qtis

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm pretty glad that this is nothing but a refuted rumor so far, honestly. Having bought Tales of Symphonia on my Gamecube years and years ago in a condition that, at this point, would make it an easy sale for more than a little pocket change, I'm not a huge fan of the idea of them slowly murdering the overall value of my collection with HD re-releases. Plus, including the very sub-par sequel that really, shouldn't have ever been released after the rather definitive ending of ToS? lolnothnx

On a less selfish note: if they ever do insist on releasing the game once more, the least they could do is release the PS2 version of the game onto either the Vita or the 3DS. After seeing Tales of the Abyss ported to the 3DS, as well as the various PS2 series collections on the Vita, it's obvious that games from a couple of generations ago are easily made playable on the mobile hardware we have now. Might as well take advantage of the increasingly mobile obsessed market.

What I'd personally be up for is some more original Tales games on par with the likes of Tales of Graces F on the PS3 on something like the 3DS. Give us a big, new adventure with the newer battle mechanics, actual use of titles, and all the new weapon ideas on the 3DS. Show us that you're willing to invest some time and resources into a big, brilliant, new game that I can pour 70+ hours into and still not feel like I've gotten enough out of it (which is what happened with ToG F for me).

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm pretty glad that this is nothing but a refuted rumor so far, honestly. Having bought Tales of Symphonia on my Gamecube years and years ago in a condition that, at this point, would make it an easy sale for more than a little pocket change, I'm not a huge fan of the idea of them slowly murdering the overall value of my collection with HD re-releases. Plus, including the very sub-par sequel that really, shouldn't have ever been released after the rather definitive ending of ToS? lolnothnx
While I do understand fearing a value of your collection, HD remakes are basically nothing of the sorts. If you have an older GC game like ToS in mint condition, it'll keep it's value due to the collector's value. HD Collections are targeted at new audiences and try to revitalize the sometimes very outdated graphics. I'd imagine the companies would want at least some sort of compensation for older games too as they can't sell the originals anymore (no reason to make reprints of old games with modern distribution methods available). For example, I've got quite a few games for the PS2/GC/whatever, but I still do get the HD collections if the collection is good (proper model updates, better fps, etc). I see no harm in that and then I can keep the older games safe in a box somewhere where they won't be damaged :P

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
This has been confirmed during TalesFes. There is indeed a PS3 HD release of Tales of Symphonia and Dawn of the New World.
Scheduled to release October 10th 2013 for JPN. No word for NA/EU release yet.

http://i.imgur.com/vxjQ0WC.png

Guy and Luke costume for Lloyd and Genis respectively (probably Preorder bonus) and new cut-ins. I'll post more info and pictures if I find any. Check out the Tales forum for any other news.
http://tales.namco.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91158

More images:

http://i.imgur.com/dkBQeyh.png

http://i.imgur.com/Glwi1LE.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs