Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, basically the situation is:
* Have a PAL Wii
* Have ToS on a multidisk, the game itself is NTSC while the multidisk was made in PAL
* Tried getting ToS disc 2 firstly by just turning it into an iso and burning it, didn't work. Then by putting it on the multidisc program as a standalone game in PAL within the program while the actual game version is still NTSC.
* Using GC backup launcher 0.2. Just press A (auto) at the loadup to get ToS cd1 loaded.

From what I can tell, I could try and use this game save I have for the start of disc 2 and risk transferring it using Gamecube Saver. But then I'd have to delete my current save game, and if Gamecube saver didn't work, then I'd be left without a game. NuGaSa doesn't work, doesn't do anything, most likely because I have a Nintendo Gamecube card.

Or try and work out how to get the second disc working... Which raises questions like, do I need the PAL version of the game to continue on my PAL wii, or is it even possible to get the second disc working?

Any help will be good.

Sibe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Add to the situation;

* Have tried German PAL version, didn't work, also it doesn't seen saved games. Don't know if that is the same for USA to PAL-english version.
* Tried WiigionFree convert to a PAL version, still didn't read it.

If anyone has been able to work a backup of ToS the original for NGC please post here with details, any help will be good.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
does the game not let you save before the discswitch so u can just boot the second disc and load it?
If that is not the case, multidisc will not work for sure and you will have to burn the second disc seperately. you say you tried it before tho, why did it not work?
-edit- oh you're not chipped i gather..

Sibe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
manias said:
does the game not let you save before the discswitch so u can just boot the second disc and load it?
If that is not the case, multidisc will not work for sure and you will have to burn the second disc seperately. you say you tried it before tho, why did it not work?
-edit- oh you're not chipped i gather..
Ya the game lets you save right before the disc switch but it requires you to put the disc in during their disc swap screen that pops up, so basically you need to swap discs in game at least once. All the discs I have made have been the single game (disc 2).

Wondering myself if it is related to my region, maybe it isn't reading the discs because they are NTSC-U and so there is nothing to force it to play NTSC during the game? But yer, I'm not mod-chipped, only softmodded, but I'm wondering if going for Any Region Changer will cure my program? Because atm I only have Starfall on 3.2E (with USBloader working, and different IOS have been added, etc... mostly didn't follow on specific guide, just a mix of things) with no hacks to the system menu (Preloader, etc), would Any Region Changer be able to maybe fix it in-game, so I can change disc and use NTSC-U within the game when it asks to swap discs?

Anyway, thanks for the reply manias.

Sibe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just a quick update noting that I have come up with the solution;

After installing SoftMii 2.1.1, thought I'd try re-burning the original disc by itself. And it worked, for some reason the connection with the second disc has something to do with how you played the first part of the game, so if anyone else is having this trouble (and finds this topic through google), you have to burn the first part again just as a standalone ISO. So it seems that this game may not work with multidisk gamecube games.

Thanks to everyone who read through my posts even though you weren't able to give a solution, as well as manias.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated