Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by asianking, Nov 28, 2008.

Nov 28, 2008
  1. asianking
    OP

Newcomer asianking Member

United States
    How do you capture more monster after the first two you got? They mention that you can capture more than two; up to 200 something i believe... But only four allow...

2. Distrance

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    You can have up to 8 people ( or monsters ) in your group. Rest you capture will be sent to the Katz guild automatically, or you can replace one of your current monsters with the one just captured, and the replaced one will be sent to Katz Guild. ( Reminds me of Pokemon... lol )

Anyway, I think you need to have like say.. Fire element as your main element in the elemental grid, and then atleast four fire elements in the elemental grid as support elements.. Or something. I'm not really sure.. they just sometimes get captured and sometimes not :

3. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    On the bottom left in battle, you'll see a large icon, and I think 5-6 smaller icons above it... (circular)

When fighting, press (-) to switch targets to get the smaller icons to change places... attack the monsters that are not of the same group as the big icon first...

if you have a Fire icon, and a couple dark and water and fire icons around it, kill off the dark and water monsters first, leave the fire monsters... then kill the fire monster.

when you look at the smaller icons, one will be just a bit bigger than the others... you have to get that icon to match the large icon to get the monster to join you... you won't get alot of monsters to join you until you get past Palmacosta, and well into Isiela (I know I prob spelt them wrong, but you know where)

4. Blackuya

Newcomer Blackuya Newbie

Saudi Arabia
    Use elemental arts as the same element of the monster you want to capture to have the main element icon change to the element you used. then, you will have a better chance on capturing the monster.
    Example:
    use the art "First Aid" when fighting a water monster.

5. Distrance

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    And what do you base that on ? I don't think it says in the game that if you use water elemental spells against water monsters, and you have chance to capture the monster, there is higher chance to capture it and it won't run away.. If that's what you meant.

As far as I've seen, the element of monster is irrelevant. When fighting Water / Air monsters for example, more than once I have had Darkness or Fire elemental grid, and managed to capture the monsters successfully... Actually, having completed about 50% of the game now, I think I've failed like... 10times tops of capturing monster...

6. Blackuya

Newcomer Blackuya Newbie

Saudi Arabia
    Distrance, that's what i do to capture them, and monsters of the same element also have better affect on strengthened the pact. It's just my believe. In the game it say that we need the same four minor and main element and since a water monster will mostly add a water element, it would be easier as i said to just use that to our favor. I could be wrong though.