Hacking tales of symphonia dawn of new world problem

Black_Knight_666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i installed CIOSCORP 3.2 in hopes of playing tales of symphonia dawn (burnt iso) via my disc channel. it actually recognizes the disc and when i press start, the screen goes black and wont continue
frown.gif
Any advice?? im on a 3.2 PAL wii

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF meets Pokemon.. such classics.

So they usual responses to such questions.. Does it load in a backup loader? Is the game PAL? Using system hacks?

And my usual reply.. just get rid of ciosCorp and use SoftChip, much cleaner and no nuisances.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ciosCorp takes a very hack and slash approach to your vital system files.. it's a lot of ugly modding to just see the disc channel show what game you have. SoftChip works very similiar to a ciosCorp'd disc channel except you don't see the game's official channel, and it doesn't do any core system modding.

To answer the Q, tho -- do any other games work in the disc channel? Did ciosCorp finish without errors?

On a modern softmod Wii WITHOUT ciosCorp, the backup would show in the disc channel, but would give you a black screen (like your problem.) That just kind of says.. your ciosCorp failed. Thus.. do other games work?

Black_Knight_666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes other games work. so far this one and naruto clash of ninja revolution 2 does not work. SO ur saying i should uninstall CIOSCORP? and install softchip?

Unfortune

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
uhhh softship doesnt go over cioscorp.

and its almost the same thing as backup launcher.

so whenever you wanna play that game

just load it with backup launcher.

WHO CARES about the disc channel loading for that game ??? i agree its cooler but if it works with only backup launcher then it doesnt matter!

as long as you can play it...

edit: btw naruto clash of ninja revolution 2 works on my cioscorp.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since its isolated to some random games, it might be the disc itself. Loaders are less anal than the disc channel when it comes to burn integrity on a disc.

In regards to SoftChip, its just a recommendation. SoftChip is simply a HBC app and not a total overhaul, you could install SoftChip now and see if you like it before even touching ciosCorp. You don't "uninstall" ciosCorp, though.. it has to be installed over by original Ninty IOS files. The easier method is to downgrade to 3.2 then upgrade again (so you'll basically be re-modding.) Pros vs Cons go completely to SoftChip, though. If you were to softmod without ciosCorp.. your games would still appear in disc channel, but not load.. and your softchip channel would load the discs on the spot. Anywho..

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortune said:
uhhh softship doesnt go over cioscorp.

and its almost the same thing as backup launcher.

so whenever you wanna play that game

just load it with backup launcher.

WHO CARES about the disc channel loading for that game ??? i agree its cooler but if it works with only backup launcher then it doesnt matter!

as long as you can play it...

edit: btw naruto clash of ninja revolution 2 works on my cioscorp.

It IS a backup loader. The main feature that makes it nice is its autoboot option, which when set, you can just click 'Start' and the game launches without having to deal with configs or anything each time you want to play a game.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
DON'T uninstall cIOSCORP... besides the fact i like it... if you uninstall it you get a nice and free brick =D... it should work though... i don't know why it doesn't... works for me... NTSC though... is your disc also PAL? maybe u got a corrupted download or burn...

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black_Knight_666 said:
I see... so you reckon i should try my luck at loading a disc via softchip?

I have a feeling you don't understand the concept. There is no luck involved.. SoftChip is just a "convenience" backup loader. Give it a shot, its just like any other channel if you want to remove it. Just set it to AutoBoot, set your normal force settings, and call it a day. It works like any other backup loader.. Click Channel, Click Start.. just instead of having to toggle settings and shit, it'll just launch the game.

Just be mindful, that ciosCorp's only function is to get games working in disc channel.. so if you don't use it, its very wise to get rid of it. See above.

On a side note, though -- this game plays way better via USB as the cutscenes and battle inclusions are kind of jerky at 3x off a disc.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black_Knight_666 said:
i used some wiiu program to convert my iso to PAL from NTSC

Then game is NTSC, not PAL. All those programs do is change the video setting to force a different region.. in which, any loader has the feature built-in. Those programs are kind of useless now.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you're hellbent on one game in the disc channel, use Preloader hacks on the original ISO to allow region-free loading. Don't bother (ever) with region patching ISOs.

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... Isn't this irrelevant? You don't need to convert it. Just use region-free hacks.

(To answer the Q, tho -- no, games have so many files in them that are based on region (language, context, video, content) that any single tool couldn't do anything.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.