Tales of Symphonia backup problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by arael53, Mar 4, 2009.

1. arael53
    OP

arael53 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2009
    France
    Hello,

I use the wiigator gamecube backup loader xi and I have a problem... The disc switch doesn't work... The two discs are both on the same DVD... I press Z to select the second disc, but when I press B on the first disc I have a black screen. And if I press A, I Can't change disc during the game...

Any way to make it run ?

(PAL version)

Thanks [​IMG]

2. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Doesn't the game allow to save at the end of disc 1?

3. arael53
    OP

arael53 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2009
    France
    No, I though that too when I begon the game.... But it does not :-/

4. arael53
    OP

arael53 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2009
    France
    I suppose it's not possible yet, I'll wait so... :-/

5. Hells Guardian

Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 25, 2008
    United States
    The first disk worked fine with the Original loader when pressing b..... Are you using the copy for your region?

6. arael53
    OP

arael53 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2009
    France
    I use the PAL version and I have a PAL wii

7. Hells Guardian

Dec 25, 2008
    United States
    huh. I know the NTSC Version was working on my NTSC Wii. maybe try the region free video mode GC patch and a copy of the NTSC Version.

8. arael53
    OP

arael53 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2009
    France
    Savegame are not the same I suppose ? I Will wait for a new release I Think ^^

9. Hells Guardian

Dec 25, 2008
    United States
    Do you have a 3rd party memory card? If you do you could always upload a savegame file to the mem card for it. Although I don't know that you will be able to find a game save at a point right before the swap........ also sometimes saves from more than one region on the same card can cause problems.........

10. arael53
    OP

arael53 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2009
    France
    I have a bigben card... But as you said, hard to find a saves exactly after the swap :-/

Thx for trying to help me ^^

11. Hells Guardian

Dec 25, 2008
    United States
    You bet. sorry that I can't help. although the video mode region free GC Patch might still fix your problem. I would give it a shot. You have to either use starfall or preloader to apply the patch but it may well help solve your problem. It broke GC function on my NTSC system unless I used a loader like GC Gecko os or something but It should work fine on your system at least to get the game to boot with the b option so you can proceed onward. Then you could dsable the patch after saving while on disk 2.

12. arael53
    OP

arael53 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2009
    France
    I tried to use Starfall to apply the patch, but it still doesn't work [​IMG]

Strange, I've seen on the compatibility list that Tales of symphonia should work with B, even in PAL version... I use a multi game iso... Maybe should I try with 1 mini-DVD on 1 DVD ?