OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
So I got the US version of Tales of Symphonia as its not out in Europe.
I made the image file, used RegionFrii v1.2 and changed it to PAL (tried burning with US region to see if D2Ckey would change it on the fly first, no success).
After patching to PAL and burning out, when putting it in it prompts a Wii system update, so I eject the disc knowing I shouldnt update from another region disc, perform a Wii system update online.
Fire up the Wii again, put in the disc. And it still gives me the Wii System Update message on the disc channel.
Did I do something wrong or does simply the European update not support Tales of Symphonia 2?

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Theres a program called brickblocker i think that prevents updates. If thats not it, look up "wii game update remover" Pacth the game as instructed, burn and your ready for some Derris Kharlan FUN!

screwed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
thank you for the tip, I used Brickblocker on my PAL updated ISO, burned it out.
and when I put it in, it shows up on the disc channel.. so I was totally "woohoo".
But when I start it.. it just goes black and the Wii Remote turns itself off.. so... still no luck I guess.

Maybe I should try the Gecko OS thing... but since I've updated my Wii to 3.4 I need to look into that new patch they have...
I've been out of the game for too long
tongue.gif

Is the Homebrew channel for firmware 3.4 just an easy install?... or.. do I need to take the full twilight hack route, my wii has a a D2Ckey chip in it.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
screwed said:
So I got the US version of Tales of Symphonia as its not out in Europe.
I made the image file, used RegionFrii v1.2 and changed it to PAL (tried burning with US region to see if D2Ckey would change it on the fly first, no success).
After patching to PAL and burning out, when putting it in it prompts a Wii system update, so I eject the disc knowing I shouldnt update from another region disc, perform a Wii system update online.
Fire up the Wii again, put in the disc. And it still gives me the Wii System Update message on the disc channel.
Did I do something wrong or does simply the European update not support Tales of Symphonia 2?

You know you could just use RGB Cable to display the game in colors... If your TV supports it, that is. Atelast that works on me, though my game is a legit copy, don't know about yours.. ( Mine does not ask about updating, by the way.. And I use 3.1E )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1