Hacking Tales of Symphonia 2 NTSC-U > PAL Wii > No Color!

RPG Hacker

OP
Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well the header pretty much says it all. I have this weird problem. I have a "ToS: Dawn of the New World" ISO and use Backup Loader v0.3 gamma to play it. But always when I do that, the only colors I see in the game are black, white and grey. But that's not even the weird thing. The weird thing is that I played another NTSC-U game on my Wii and the colors worked perfect (One Piece: Unlimited Adventure). And whate makes it even weirder: I have two TVs in my house. At first I had my Wii connected to the newer one. When I played ToS on that one the colors worked perfectly. After that I transfered it to the older one of the TVs. But that it's "older" doesn't mean that it's really "old". It should still work perfectly. But no. I don't get any color! I tried all different settings with Backup Launcher and nothing worked. I have no idea what could be causing this problem. Especially since One Piece worked fine. Oh well if I remember right I think I patched One Piece before burning it to DVD because it wouldn't work otherwise. I patched it from NTSC to PAL. So that might be the reason the game works. But still I can't imagine why ToS wouldn't have any colors. That dosen't make any sense. As I said the TV is not newest, but also not the oldest. It shouldn't have any problems. Anyone has got an idea what could be wrong? Would it probably help to burn it again and patch it first?

j.m.g.a

Trophies
XP
Country
That is because your TV doesn´t support NTSC video mode, you have only an option, buy a new LCD TV.
PD: i have the same problem, and i´m saving for a new TV.

Scolor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just use trucha signer to extract the main.dol and use the Video Mode Changer to set it to PAL. After you replace the original main.dol with the patched one and you sign the partition again.

It works for me.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scolor said:
Just use trucha signer to extract the main.dol and use the Video Mode Changer to set it to PAL. After you replace the original main.dol with the patched one and you sign the partition again.

It works for me.

Gammas inbuilt option should work too.

Scolor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HaniKazmi said:
Scolor said:

It works for me.

No. It'll not work if you haven't a TV that supports NTSC video mode.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scolor said:
HaniKazmi said:
Scolor said:

It works for me.

Force PAl forces the video mode to change to PAl. I've tried it, it works.

Scolor

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HaniKazmi said:
Scolor said:
HaniKazmi said:
Scolor said:

It works for me.

Well, it didn't work for me.
happy.gif
The game hangs with a green screen.

RPG Hacker

OP
Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HaniKazmi said:
Have you trid forcing pal in the options?

Yeah, as I said. I tried all the options.

Scolor said:

It works for me.

That's the same thing I did with One Piece and it works. So I guess it gotta work.

SectionX said:
you know how to run softmodded games, but not that old PAL tvs dont support NTSC standard? wow...

My TV is NOT old. That's what I clearly said in the first post. It's older then... Well it's older then our other TV, but that doesn't mean that it is old. It should have no problems with NTSC.
QUOTE(Scolor @ Jan 27 2009, 08:18 PM) QUOTE(HaniKazmi @ Jan 27 2009, 08:15 PM)

Well, it didn't work for me.
happy.gif
The game hangs with a green screen.

Dito. Same problem.

r3l4x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I had the same problem, just used WiiFrii to patch it to PAL and it works like a charm. But as soons as I get the money together I'm getting myself a tv that supports NTSC signals. Having to patch it is not that much work, but I'd rather just have a 1:1 true copy.

I did however need to set the Force PAL 60 option otherwise the game won't boot using Gamma Loader.

I don't know about anybody else but when I tried the same thing with Pikmin NTSC-J it did not work, maybe my fault or something but like I said gonna try to get me a NTSC capable tv asap so I don't have to deal with this kind of stuff.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
When a game doesn't contain PAL video mode and you tv doesn't support NTSC playback you have 2 choices:
1. play black & white
2. patch the video mode

I know it's too complicated for lots of people, but take a look at my toy:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909

There are simpler tools which do the same thing. (generic wii patcher for one)

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
SectionX said:
you know how to run softmodded games, but not that old PAL tvs dont support NTSC standard? wow...

My TV is NOT old. That's what I clearly said in the first post. It's older then... Well it's older then our other TV, but that doesn't mean that it is old. It should have no problems with NTSC.
Scolor said:
QUOTE(HaniKazmi @ Jan 27 2009, 08:15 PM)

it doesnt matter. It doesnt need to be old, it just may lack NTSC support.

what is the model of your tv?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
HaniKazmi said:
WiiPower said:
When a game doesn't contain PAL video mode and you tv doesn't support NTSC playback you have 2 choices:
1. play black & white
2. patch the video mode

Well my toy requires you to patch the main.dol for example with the generic wii patcher. The advantage of my toy over ALL other tools is that you can use unpatched 1:1 copies. If you ran into this problem, you can use the "not working" disc with my toy.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
HaniKazmi said:
WiiPower said:
1. play black & white
2. patch the video mode

Well my toy requires you to patch the main.dol for example with the generic wii patcher. The advantage of my toy over ALL other tools is that you can use unpatched 1:1 copies. If you ran into this problem, you can use the "not working" disc with my toy.

True, but as you said your toy is quite complicated, and i dont think TC will be able to use it.

RPG Hacker

OP
Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SectionX said:
it doesnt matter. It doesnt need to be old, it just may lack NTSC support.

what is the model of your tv?

Yep, I know that. But the way you posted it made it look like you think it's a very old TV.

I don't know the exact model. It's from "Grundig".

I guess I either gotta patch it then or play it on my other TV. Thanks for the replies. My questions is answered. So we don't need 100 more posts answering a question that already HAS been answered.

@ WiiPower:
I don't think your tool is complicated at all. And it looks like I don't even have to reburn the ISO. It can be really useful. Thanks!

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been posting all over for a month in order to play this game in color. Wasabi modchip help is saying it may be the new BCA code but their BCA patcher does not fix it. Someone needs to have a copy of the game to see the BCA code though. Either Wasibi support is not reading my email and it's got nothing to do with BCA code or Wasabi does not patch for this game's BCA or the usual I screwed up.

This game is worth it. There are three new pieces of equipment that I have gotten so far that make it worth it. Here start drooling.

SPOILER WARNING. These are petty spoilers but still.

One for Marta, 2 for Emil.

Descriptions Tenebrae like, a creation of Presea's which is story related, a clown face.

Abilities: Speed Cast 1 (which stacks in ToS Wii), Item Finder 3 + more goodies, Accelerate + more goodies.

You can perpetually get Rainbow Manuscripts from beating the Coliseum Monster Arena Special battle. I just got 11 last night.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE