Tales of Phantasia Patch PSX2PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Freestylexgp, Mar 23, 2013.

Mar 23, 2013
  1. Freestylexgp
    OP

Newcomer Freestylexgp Wanderer

United States
    I have a PSP 3000 using 6.60 PRO-C2 and I cannot get the newest patch for this game to work as an eboot. When I load the game without popsloader it's just a black screen and I can still access the psx menu. I installed popsloader v4g and have tried most of the versions and cannot find one compatable. I use PSX2PSP to convert my eboot and I've also tried IceTea. I patch the game using xDelta. If someone has info on how to get this to work it'd be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Finally got it to work after 5,000 years of no help. If you need help PM me.

2. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    i never knew you had an account here too. well i had trouble with mine but i got mine to work finally.

3. Freestylexgp
    OP

United States
    Yeah same here, the conditions I got it to work with are something like this; without popsloader, downgraded to 6.60PRO-b10(or something like that, I don't think it mattered), PSX2PSP, xDeltagui, and the patch from here http://www.tales-cless.org/patches/ToP test fix.7z you need to of course patch the JPN version of the game and I used 0 compression on PSX2PSP iirc.

It seemed like they deleted my posts on the pspiso website. Kind of annoying when trying to get an obscure game to work.

4. Storm101

Newcomer Storm101 Advanced Member

United States
    Lol I'm here too. I have no idea why that topic got deleted. It looks my entire account was deleted too. All I did was try posting a link to the patch twice and never got any indication that I was doing anything wrong. Not even an email saying my account was deleted. What a bunch of crap.

5. Freestylexgp
    OP

United States
    Yeah I agree that site is ridiculous, I was going to help them out by telling them in a new thread after the old one was deleted about this game but it seemed to need approving after I submitted it and never got it so then I just stopped caring.

I haven't made it too far into the game but there hasn't been any glitches or black screens as of yet and the translation is solid.