Tales of Legendia PS3 CFW Buggy

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Binebina87, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Binebina87
    OP

Binebina87 GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Hello,

I really wanted to play Tales of Legendia on my Slim PS3 (running Habib 4.78 Cobra, MM, Webman), since the game looks very bad when playing it with my PS2 lol.
    But there are so many graphic bugs that most of the time you can't even see whats going on. I also heard that this problem occurs on PS3 when trying to play the original disc Version too.

I was wondering is there a way to maybe hack the game or some other workaround to make it playable on a PS3?

2. CheeseCake

CheeseCake GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    On the Kitchen Table Obviously
    Legendia doesn't work on PS3, it just doesn't.
    The PS2 Emulator is imperfect on Slims. If you want perfect emulation, you NEED a B/C Phat.
    You really cannot do anything about it since all of this is Sony's fault.

Here's another example of imperfect emulation.
    If you played Abyss, you would also notice game crashes at Choral Castle.

I solved this issue by performing a somewhat convoluted method of converting the direct PS2 save at GameFAQs into several different formats through conversions and exports, then transferring the PS2 classic memcard Rebug uses to USB, decrypting that into a PS2 memory card file, importing the save into it, and finally re-encrypting the memcard and transferring it back to PS3.
    I then played the game from Choral Castle after with that save since I played this enough times to remember how the story went at the start.

Basically I used a save after the crash point and made it usable on PS3's PS2 VME memcard

Last edited by CheeseCake, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Binebina87
    OP

Binebina87 GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Thanks a lot.

Yeah my hopes were quite low to get this to work. Oh well maybe we'll get a PS2Classic for PS4 of Legendia (hopefully)