Tales of Innocence

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by westarrr, Jul 1, 2010.

1. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    So, it's not just me, then. I guess when I think back, ToS also had a fair bit of backtracking, especially in the early dungeons. It is an element of the game that feels pretty dated, though. To the game's credit, the dungeons, so far, don't seem that big, so the backtracking isn't terribly frustrating.

I agree, though. This is about as good a portable Tales game as I could possibly hope for. I didn't care for the free-running system in Abyss, but they managed to make it more meaningful in this game. It's kind of the best of both worlds between the battles of ToS and ToA for me. The styles thing is a cool addition, but Tales games already have so much stuff to keep up with, generally, that I'm not sure it was necessary. Still, it's an amazingly full-featured Tales game, handheld or otherwise.

2. WhiteX

WhiteX GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2004
    Brazil
    Weirdly enough, i liked symphonia 2 a lot but i am having trouble connecting to innocence, and after all the waiting...

3. pitman

pitman Addicted to Magical Girls

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    Where rockets don't fall.
    At least in Abyss you had a item you could have used in a save point to return to beginning of dungeon.

4. Paarish

Paarish Connor's Nublet

Aug 26, 2009
    Married to DinohScene
    It's more of a mixture between ToD (PS2) and TotA

(woo 100th post)

5. leylu_28

leylu_28 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2010
    United States
    hi i have a problem in this patch of the game, it freeze in the first scene with the character and his mother talking,... but the first tym i tested and played it works fine so i decided to turn off the ds play it later (not saving the game since it works fine) but whhen i tried it again it freezes and i can never pass that scene again.. i was wondering if someone can help me play it on your ds if it works fiine in your flashcart and please DO SEND ME AN EARLY SAVE FILE OF THE GAME(JUST TO PASS THAT SCENE WHERE THE MAIN CHARACTER WAKE UP IN HIS BED AND TALK TO HIS MOM) AND THE ROM YOU USED, tnx looking forward to someone who's willing to help..

6. westarrr
    OP

westarrr GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2009
    Netherlands
    Ivalice
    Post a new topic maybe?

What card do you have...
    Maybe can you try to delete the .sav and reboot the game?
    Is it possible to skip the first cutscene, by pressing B or start?
    We may not give you roms and stuff.. It be against teh rules

7. suruz

suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2007
    ..Gah, something like that would be so useful in this game. I don't really mind the dungeons that much, but it just gets a little confusing if I stop and start playing, because I'd have forgotten the whole layout of the dungeon >__>

8. Coto

Coto -

Jun 4, 2010
    Chile
    Tales Of Innocence´s one of the greatest RPG quality games i´ve EVER played before on a handheld console. All (or nearly, at least) games done for teh DS are somewhat "short". TOI gives me the feeling i`m playing it on a home console, specially the main story which sometime causes me headhaches due to historical content. Too much to learn haha.

But this game´s fantastic!

9. pitman

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    Everyone seems to be on Spada/Iria/Herman side (including me) when trying to understand the story [​IMG]

10. micado

micado Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Erm... you know, that you can buy 15 "GD Escape Ropes" at once in any guild shop for 90 Grad each?
    Those items teleport you directly outside the entrance of a dungeon and can be used everywhere at everytime inside a dungeon.

Note:
    It's really interesting, how many people are lost without any walkthrough or "hints & tips" guides, nowadays. [​IMG]
    Not to mention without cheats, for which I can see several requests for nearly every game coming out.
    And those are the ones who resist being called "gamers". [​IMG]

11. suruz

suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2007
    ...I knew about those but I thought they were only for the Guild Dungeon, not any random dungeon O___O"

12. Raestloz

Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Feb 7, 2008
    Indonesia
    The World of Illusion
    Well, to be honest, only "Guild Dungeons" explicitly say "Dungeon", but yeah, it can only be used in a Guild Dungeon

Truth be told, the only reason to use that crap is within Restricted Guild Dungeon, because it has no way out, as for the other guild dungeons? Hah! I can survive with Mania difficulty

I haven't used any cheats and managed to get quite a bunch of gems (or whatever it is called), 99 max capacity, level, item, strategy, artes, friendship, all carried over and gotten in the first try, but I'd surely like a "Max Grade" cheat. I've attained Guild Rank 10, but doing delivery jobs all the time is SOOOO boring

Well, that "Test the Ratty Coat" job is not boring, it's almost fucking impossible

Also, I'd really appreciate a "skip" feature, especially for the Asura vs Hypnos crap. I've fucking beaten the game dammit! I know the story inside out!

13. pitman

Jan 23, 2003
    Iceland
    Try pressing L and R, that should do the trick.