ROM Hack Tales of Innocence Translation Patch (psycoblaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

it's good for you, but you should seriously stop double posting and posting a new topic each time you have something to say. Just keep only one topic about your translation.
It will also be better for people to track progress.

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
any update psycho ??
i also made my own translation
happy.gif

just wanna share some screen that maybe it could encourage you more

toitrans1lu4.png

toitrans2vl3.png

toitrans3yy8.png

i only made simple translation for menu and sub menu, shops menuan edit submenu, guild, style, maybe some definition on skil/spell and item later on.

good luck with yours

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
all those other are done now (spel tech sub menu, wepaon custom sub menu, sistem submenu, option menu)
happy.gif
but since it's only based on whim, i didn't touch the cooking menu (never actually use cooking at all). this much only to make it easier to play the game
wink.gif

i have a little japanese knowlegde and basic cread/write :|
certainly not enough capasity to translate TOI with it
happy.gif
i'm so bad at kanji :| (and there's bunch of it in the game script)
can't help you with it, sorry.

btw, use no$gba, that screen capture above, i use no$gba 2.6a. you can get full speed on TOI with it, saving in game progress also work, so make it easier to test your hack (rather than palying it from the start and intro with ashura and hypnos TT_TT lol already spent more than 16 hours in game now)

you wanna translate the game script ?
wow, that;s a lot of text
happy.gif

wish you luck
happy.gif

D

Deleted User

Well done so far psyco, you've seemed to learn a lot
wink.gif

Hopefully, once I learn to use Hex Editors properly, I can help with this project!
biggrin.gif

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
lol
happy.gif

i've played far enough. i can help you out with it (in fatc i'm on my way to patch guild sub menu. i'll post the address offset later
happy.gif

btw, when are you planning on realeasing a patch ???
would be great if you were going to release a patch
happy.gif

since you already gone far in your translation (mine doesn't go as far as yours) i can use the translated rom as my basis to further translate
happy.gif

it would also for eh purpose of test by other.

use ninja to create a patch file.

here's my patch http://www.mediafire.com/?4jbsjt2rtcn use ninja patcher 2 (download http://www.mediafire.com/?ebxmzrlltdj) to apply the patch to a clean dump
not as far as psycho's but well, quite usefull to start the game
happy.gif

*still busy with project from my work, and preparing new semester's credit, doesn't have much time updating teh translation

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ya.. even i'm busy for school- Even though i kick away some of my homework and work on the translation >.<
when i hear about what you are doing, i don't think mine is more different than yours... even if i worked on it more, i'll be a little slow because as i said, i don't know anything about japanese and when i type japanese in windhex it wont work
frown.gif

Well right now i'm trying to get the skill description (even though i don't know what it means) and the item descriptions that i didn't finish and then the weapon name and description...
And finally i'll work on the script.
After the first 4 lines, i don't know what they mean in japanese so i couldn't finish the options...

It would be good if you really did help, but because i live in Korea the time will like... overlap?
Right now here it is 5:00 PM Sunday... and when i go to school i would come back at this time.

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ya.. even i'm busy for school- Even though i kick away some of my homework and work on the translation >.<
when i hear about what you are doing, i don't think mine is more different than yours... even if i worked on it more, i'll be a little slow because as i said, i don't know anything about japanese and when i type japanese in windhex it wont work
frown.gif

Well right now i'm trying to get the skill description (even though i don't know what it means) and the item descriptions that i didn't finish and then the weapon name and description...
And finally i'll work on the script.
After the first 4 lines, i don't know what they mean in japanese so i couldn't finish the options...

It would be good if you really did help, but because i live in Korea the time will like... overlap?
Right now here it is 5:00 PM Sunday... and when i go to school i would come back at this time.
i have both school and jobs (programmer and web designer) on local software house
happy.gif

i'm in indonesia, our time difference are only a few hours i guess

i wouldn't mind helping
happy.gif
on my spare time, that maybe as you said, it might overlap with your spare time :|
beside i'm more of a spantanious guy on offside project, rarely work on schedule

btw, our translation already about the same stage i guess
happy.gif

i release a new patch

and oh yea, i use ninja because IPS patch can't address change in if the offset pass the 16MB mark, i got a warning when i was trying to make an ips patch, that's why i pick ninja (my other alternatif is xdelta)
Ninja kan also work both way, patch a file or reverse the patch if you apply the patch again
happy.gif

more info on ninja : http://ninja.cinnamonpirate.com/

for tech/spell it's better to translate the name only, or maybe what you meant is style skill ???
if that's what you mean, i can post the description of the style skill later

btw, i just release a new patch (3 feb 2008) http://www.mediafire.com/?6dytj4neyym

Translation log :

#TOI20080203
-Main menu
-Stats name
-Style name
-Library sub menu
-System sub menu
-Weapon Shop menu
-Weapon customize menu
-Item shop menu
-Guild menu
-Inn menu
-Options
-Options info

moreinfo and screenshot at http://setya5785.wordpress.com/2008/02/03/...n-hack-release/

mike10003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have both school and jobs (programmer and web designer) on local software house
happy.gif

i'm in indonesia, our time difference are only a few hours i guess

i wouldn't mind helping
happy.gif
on my spare time, that maybe as you said, it might overlap with your spare time :|
beside i'm more of a spantanious guy on offside project, rarely work on schedule

btw, our translation already about the same stage i guess
happy.gif

i release a new patch

and oh yea, i use ninja because IPS patch can't address change in if the offset pass the 16MB mark, i got a warning when i was trying to make an ips patch, that's why i pick ninja (my other alternatif is xdelta)
Ninja kan also work both way, patch a file or reverse the patch if you apply the patch again
happy.gif

more info on ninja : http://ninja.cinnamonpirate.com/

for tech/spell it's better to translate the name only, or maybe what you meant is style skill ???
if that's what you mean, i can post the description of the style skill later

btw, i just release a new patch (3 feb 2008) http://www.mediafire.com/?6dytj4neyym

Translation log :

#TOI20080203
-Main menu
-Stats name
-Style name
-Library sub menu
-System sub menu
-Weapon Shop menu
-Weapon customize menu
-Item shop menu
-Guild menu
-Inn menu
-Options
-Options info

moreinfo and screenshot at http://setya5785.wordpress.com/2008/02/03/...n-hack-release/

Just wondering, can you use a previous JP sav file for the newly patched rom? I thought I had patched the rom but when I put my sav file with it, the game menus were still all in Japanese.

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yes, you can use the previous save file.

are you sure you patch using a clean dump (rom) ??
don't use teh newest patch with a patched rom

and by the way, don't patch twice on a patched rom, since ninja patcher can do patching and restoring a file (restore if you apply a patch 2nd time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment