• Start date
  • Views 423,553
  • Replies 1,671

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is probably a means of them closing the door on the idea, but I'm pretty sure most people who end up pirating it do so because Namco isn't releasing the game legally.

Like hardcore Mother fans, in a sense. Nobody really pirated Mother 3 until the translation was done.

I was also mainly referring to their console games. Outside of Tales of Symphonia 1 and 2, and Tales of Phantasia, which were all marketed by Nintendo of America, Namco has released every other Tales game with no marketing, which is probably the largest factor to the games not selling.

Tales of the Abyss is a great example of this. Tales of Vesperia is another, as it actually got less marketing than Eternal Sonata did in the states.

EDIT: On top of that, has Namco EVER released any Tales games on a handheld outside of Japan themselves? It's always been other companies..

Pioggia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lockon Stratos said:
Oo Summer 2009 has come? Is there a specific date in the summer which is official for the release of the patch?

No, there isn't and it isn't definite for summer either, it's just when they expect/hope to complete it (but they most likely will by the looks of the progress blogs).
anyway
, any information released on this translation will show up first on their site http://www.absolutezerotranslations.com/

but yeah, take your time and release the patch only when you think it's ready.
I immensely appreciate
the time and effort you two have put into this translation.

Pio~

Ultratech87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It'll be done when it's done. Besides, at least it's almost there (getting close I believe).
At least we didn't have to wait 10 years like DQ3 SNES...

I can agree with the marketing thing. Namco doesn't hardly market the Tales games enough. (Aside from the Nintendo marketed ones.)

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay, its almost here despite the thousand of tempers that kept nagging until this brave person decided to keep it underwraps...

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
OMG, i am a massive fan of the tales games, THANK YOU! for doing this translation =3 I have wanted to play this but i cant read japanese T.T.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Take your time, i think we can all wait until you think its ready.

- Karaku32

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screens look good. Looks like the patch has seen alot of progress. I'm hyped for the release but at the same time I can wait. Good luck completing this and great job so far.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't help to ask but, what's the progress now? Is it Summer 2009, and I check this thread daily since I am eager to play it
happy.gif

But I checked it out, and still no patch? What's your status?

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Splych said:
I can't help to ask but, what's the progress now? Is it Summer 2009, and I check this thread daily since I am eager to play it
happy.gif

But I checked it out, and still no patch? What's your status?

I also can't help to ask but, have you try looking at their website in the first post? >_>

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
shameless copy-paste from www.absolutezerotranslations.com said:
Menu Translation: 100%
Menu Editing: 90%
Event Translation: 100%
Event Editing: 40%
Skit Translation: 15%
Skit Editing: 15%
Summary Translation: 100%
Summary Editing: 0%
NPC Translation: 100%
NPC Editing: 100%
Audio Subtitles: 100%
Hacking: 90%

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This game looks awesome, I especially like how the combat looks for the game, and once the final patch is released ill definitely be putting this on my Acekard.
Although im excited about the game and the patch im also a very patient person and i am willing and able to wait for the final patch to be released, i hope you guys keep up the great work on the patch.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's so funny how people claim that it's summer... xD It'll be summer until September... At least over here.
tongue.gif

I check this thread once in a few days, but hell I can wait. I appreciate thje work people put into this so waiting is no problem.
smile.gif

(I still hope summer will be over soon, I can't stand teh heat... -.-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q