• Views 423,228
  • Replies 1,671

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he deserves this break actually. Anyone who translates a game on their own time goes through the noob comments bothering them about hurrying up. It's sickening even for me (myself a fan of the translation), so just imagine how the developer must feel when total strangers post disrespectful comments on his thread demanding that he release something as if he owes them something. I am looking forward to being able to play this in English too, but not at the expense of spewing annoying comments and venom everywhere. If you want it so bad immediately, there's a simple solution- translate the thing yourself. Or even better, learn Japanese. Any laziness and ignorance whatsoever on your part (be it a lack of Japanese knowledge or hacking skills) is not the fault of the translator, it's yours. This is especially true since he is going out of his way to give you something you clearly don't deserve.

It's dumb comments like "gimme gimme gimme, I want it now, how long, and you're too lazy/slow" are why this is taking so long in the first place. You're ruining it for yourself, everyone else, and most importantly, the translator throughhim (who is doing this for fun and/or in his precious free time). That's really selfish of you to do so. It must be a real killjoy and puts him in a "depression" of sorts when he reads disrespectful, selfish, and ungrateful comments directed at him and his work. And in addition to that, should this translation ever be released, the same selfish ignoramuses would likely never even be back to thank him for all his hard work. So +1 for selfishness, and +2 for not even being grateful.

On topic- I know you probably aren't here, but I suggest you take all the time you need throughhim. If it gets done, those who have any respect for you will respect and enjoy your hard work. If not, no big deal since it's just a game and there are more important things in life for everyone (especially you). Good work and keep it up if you decide to. And I respect your decision no matter what you decide to do.

Mods- I hope this post wasn't out of line, but I wanted to post at least one thing here hopefully showing both my support for throughhim, and at the same time, my disdain and repulsion of any disrespectful or selfish comments directed towards him or his work. I'm sorry if I was out of line, but I don't think anything was. Do what you like though. (apologizes for wall of text all the same though)

D

Deleted-134647

OP
Thanks for the support. It's always nice to see supportive comments. I won't pretend that some of the negative ones don't sting, but I'm doing my best to grow some thicker skin. Some people think I make posts like "Entitlement" for some kind of ego-stroking, but that just isn't the case. I just want to keep things in perspective. We all have lives outside of this project, outside of the net. I probably want to see this project completed more than anyone, but I can't let it throw the rest of my life out of balance. So to those of you who have been understanding, thank you.

I just wanted to make one additional comment - I'm not actually taking a full-on break at this point in time. I needed a bit of time to relax, but I'm already back in full swing. In fact, I can easily say that the last few days have been among the most productive in months. It's been a few solid days of "I can translate that fast!?", so I'm thrilled with the progress. In any case, Kingcom and I will continue to work on this project at the pace that we're both are comfortable with. In the end, we just want everyone to have fun. We want to have fun working on it, we want players to have fun playing it. And one thing that I know for sure is that if we don't have fun working on it, it's going to show in our work. So we're going to continue to do things in the way that we think is best.

@Latisteel: Yes, that's where my username comes from.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to reiterate things you already know, but take your time and don't think you have to go at a pace set by anyone outside of the project. There are many of us who are very thankful for your work on the project, and look forward to tasting the fruits of your labors whenever the time comes.

Latisteel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for all the hard work and time u spent on this
ive bin waitin for this for quite some time glad its releasing soon

Off topic: im christian also

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Enjoy your break
smile.gif

Latisteel said:
Off topic: im christian also

76.5% of Americans are Christian.

elinkim08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOLOL so true
america started as a christian nation
so more than likely americans are gonna be christian
wink.gif

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE TRANSLATION THROUGHIM~~~~
IT'S LIKE SUMMER ;D

D

Deleted-134647

OP
Enough. This is why we don't go off-topic. I'm going to start reporting posts if this keeps up.

And to get us back on-topic, we have a new (and relevant) update at long last! The summary is complete!

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
throughhim413 said:
Enough. This is why we don't go off-topic. I'm going to start reporting posts if this keeps up.

And to get us back on-topic, we have a new (and relevant) update at long last! The summary is complete!

thank god for an update, if not for that we could be have a debate about God by now.

Also great news by the way.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
offtopic: ya and we probably trail off to one of those Creationism vs. Intelligent Design debate and this thread gets lock just like those KH threads...

back to topic: glad to hear that u are back from your break, and i know just how u feel, just some days i just don feel like translating those gba cheats, i just open them up look at those words and i just say to myself: darn, i really have no motivation at all...

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
take the time
smile.gif
don't push yourself over us... we can wait
smile.gif
eventually i know you will finish it
biggrin.gif

so thats why i wait out of respect instead of those impatient people

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best of luck on the project, it goes to show that if game companies don't even want to bother with games, fans will do all the work for them, letting people from other parts of the world experience the game.

I hope you guys consider doing the other DS games, but considering how long this project has been going on, I would mainly suggest taking a break. ;3

It seriously irks me that Namco doesn't push the Tales series in America and Europe, and just shoves the games out with no marketing. And you wonder why their games bomb..

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Goofy Time said:
Best of luck on the project, it goes to show that if game companies don't even want to bother with games, fans will do all the work for them, letting people from other parts of the world experience the game.

I hope you guys consider doing the other DS games, but considering how long this project has been going on, I would mainly suggest taking a break. ;3

It seriously irks me that Namco doesn't push the Tales series in America and Europe, and just shoves the games out with no marketing. And you wonder why their games bomb..

You quickly forget how piracy affects their decision as well.
Look at all us who want this translation.
That shows how many of us pirate the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk