It looks good. Keep going.
cool.gif

ivanthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome i started the game but made semi progress when patch out seems il aim to finish it
nice work n__n

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This looks very professional. You might as well say that it's getting an English "flashcard-exclusive" localization, instead of fan translation
tongue.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
One question thought......I know you're doing it carefully..and wait till completed to release the patch..But do you know when will first be released?

I'm very interested in playing it, and anticipate the day of release....

lonfar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Toni Plutonij said:
One question thought......I know you're doing it carefully..and wait till completed to release the patch..But do you know when will first be released?

I'm very interested in playing it, and anticipate the day of release....

QUOTE(throughhim413 @ Sep 6 2008, 05:14 PM) Ah, yes, guess I should have mentioned that. Menu translation is complete excluding the summary information. The story is moving along nicely, but I've only just started on it. There are 31 main events, we currently have 2 of them done. Of course, you have to keep in mind that the intro is fairly long as far as events go, so I'm happy with the progress we've made.

it's gonna be a while since it takes time translating, will look forward to see this completed
smile.gif
after you did so much on ToP (still loving it)

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, I figured it'll take some time, I'm not complaining, I was just curious....I appreciate their efforts, and if I could I'd really like to help.....but I don't think they need any graphic services..

D

Deleted-134647

OP
I just wanted to respond to a few comments.

First, in regard to beta testing, that is something that will only occur after the game is 100% hacked and translated. The purpose of a beta is to check for any last minute bugs or mistakes to be corrected before the official release. With Tales of Phantasia, the beta was CLOSED, meaning that we will select a certain number of qualified testers and only they will have access to the beta patch. I expect that we will do the same with Innocence.

Second, people are obviously curious when this project will be complete. Believe me, I want to know as much as any of you do! Yes, I could estimate when the project will be complete, but frankly, I'm not willing to do that yet. We're moving at a good pace, Kingcom and I are both very pleased with how things are progressing. We are doing our best to keep you updated on every detail on the blog. Whenever we can, we're providing pictures to give you a taste of what the final product will look like. In any case, don't worry, we're talking about this project being done in months, not in years.

Finally, let me just explain my approach to translation projects. We view this project the same way that a company would view an official localization. If to you, a "fan translation" means releasing unfinished materials to the public, then please don't think of us as fan translators. People don't beg official localization companies for early releases of the game, and likewise, we don't plan on releasing anything except our finished product. I don't mean this to sound harsh or like we don't care what people think, I just want everyone to know where we're coming from. We want to produce the highest quality possible, but to do so, we are going to do things differently than your ordinary fan translation. As Gemini and I did with Tales of Phantasia, Kingdom and I hope that you will be able to enjoy Tales of Innocence as you would any officially translated game. That is our objective and we are doing our best to make that desire into reality. From the very first time you pick up Tales of Innocence, we want you to have the absolute best experience possible with it.

Thanks for all the support! We hope that you will continue to follow and support the work that we are doing at Absolute Zero.
happy.gif

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I rather appreciate the professionalism you have with your translations.
Having early releases tempts people to play through early...and sometimes they don't feel like playing a second run and miss out on the finished project.

I love the naming convention option too, I'm a huge fan of options and choice so that by itself is enough for me to wait it out.

It's looking great so far. Just keep on trucking at your own pace.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something really minor, throughhim413. Your sig links to "http://"http//http://zettaizero.wordpress.com/". Just letting you know in case people wonder what happened to your blog from clicking your sig.
tongue.gif

I'm still excited for the release. Expect a donation from me sometime soon! (Until I get my paycheck
tongue.gif
) I really enjoy your work so far, like everyone said, looks very professional. Although I have pirate syndrome.. where I can't really finish games because of piracy, I'll definitely finish your translated Tales of Innocence 'cause it looks that awesome. Keep up the good work.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wish they would give us some sort of beta patch though >_> (its not like someones gonna steal it and claim it as thier own >_>). By the time they finish, tales of hearts is gonna be out(along with numerous numerous numerous other games), and i probally wont give much of a crap.

D

Deleted-134647

OP
Anakir said:
Something really minor, throughhim413. Your sig links to "http://"http//http://zettaizero.wordpress.com/". Just letting you know in case people wonder what happened to your blog from clicking your sig.
tongue.gif
Thanks for letting me know about my sig, I feel stupid for having messed that up. >_< Also, thank you for your support, glad to hear that you're liking the project and of course, we're always glad to have donations.

QUOTE(dgwillia @ Sep 10 2008, 03:55 PM) I really wish they would give us some sort of beta patch though >_> (its not like someones gonna steal it and claim it as thier own >_>). By the time they finish, tales of hearts is gonna be out(along with numerous numerous numerous other games), and i probally wont give much of a crap.
Oh, we're not worried about people stealing our work. It's going to be encrypted, so it would take a whole lot of talent to steal any of our work. With the effort it would take to copy our work, someone might as well just hack the game on their own. Also, I'm afraid I don't understand your claim. We're going to use about the same amount of time as a standard localization. Our adversing is also similar to what you might get in pre-release hype for an official release. In short, if all people lost interest in games as quickly as you claim, then translated games wouldn't sell. New games are always coming out, that would be true even if we did release an alpha patch (beta implies that the patch is already complete and basically ready to go). Well, in the end, I'm not going to force you to do anything. The patch will be there for people who want to play Tales of Innocence in English. If that isn't you, then so be it.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, don't listen to the naysayers. Ordinarily I'd make the beta argument for testing purposes, but you're clearly doing a stellar job without any outside help.
gbasp.gif

ZenithMaur said:
When will it be realeased and why havent there been and update lately?
...did you even read the thread?

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I already see some people that haven't read anything you write, here and demand the patch..That sucks badly...But ignore them, I really like your work, and appreciate what you do..and for free..so I believe that everything you get should be appreciation and supportive replies..

I think you made it pretty clearly that you want complete the project before you release the patch, and it's actually very good choice..
Keep up, I'll be checking here and your blog very often on updates..

jarop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
throughhim413 and Kingcom,
you guys rock. I'm so looking forward to playing this game, the quality of your work is amazing. I just wanna make one suggestion, which may help with reduce the nubby questions (or at least help the people who know what's going on re-direct them to the right place)... Update your blog as frequently as possible
ohmy.gif
. Yeah i know your past post was on the 31st of August which isn't exactly that long ago, but even if you post after doing even the minor things, it'll help put our minds at ease
tongue.gif

anyway that's all i wanted to say, keep it up guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ