ROM Hack Tales of Innocence trans patch Setya5785 version

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Official translation page : http://setya5785.wordpress.com/tales-of-in...sh-translation/

UPDATE :
Project.......: Tales of Innocence Translation Patch
Release date..: 03 March 2008
Author........: Setya5785
Website.......: http://setya5785.wordpress.com

current patch info and download : http://setya5785.wordpress.com/2008/03/03/toi-r02/

toir02dr8.jpg

It seem my previous fix - TOI-R01 - (although already minimize some random crash), there's stil some rom crash reported, one that being obvious is when Iria cast Aqua Edge, it would make the rom crash (and probably some other magic casting or other crash that might occur not included on feedback). sorry about that, it seem that i haven't really 'cleanse' all part from my previous part. since my original translation log are gone, so didn't really know which part (offset i change), after a while checking file comparison report, there's a bit of data that escape my previous checking (when i made that TOI-R01), teh fact that i actually didn't remember making any change it that offset, probably because previously i use NINJA to create my patch (since my log are gone, like it or not, it left me with the already made patch to work on), at that time (and now still) NINJA is in BETA stage, so probably some problem occur there.
finally, after re-read comprison report, made some change again, the part where teh rom crash when Iria cast Aqua Edge are officially gone
happy.gif
hopefully it will also fix other crash, since i can't re-create all the circumstances that cause rom crash included in feedback, so i can't test all case.
please send another feedback if there's another problem. mean while i'll keep checking comparison report again, just in case i missed something again. enjoy your game
happy.gif

to apply patch, copy your 'clean' untrimmed Tales of Innocence rom into patch folder and then run patchme.bat.
newer patch release are accumulative, in other word, all patch release changes already included in the newest patch so it necessary to use a clean/unpatcher rom each time you wanna patch using a newer release.

Patch History :

TOI-R02
- another fix for rom crash (iris'a aqua edge cast rom crash, and some other rom crash).

Any update would be posted in this exact blog post, so stay tune
happy.gif

Patch discussion page can be found here

Patch History :

TOI-R01

* Restore header info to it's original state, hopefullly fix bug on M3 Cart

TOI20080207

* Item description, mainly on healing item

TOI20080206-rev3

* TP cost cut down translate fix (lol, i forgot to translate this
happy.gif
, i notice this when i open the rom in my editor)
* Decay abilities typo fix (previously written as Deca?, lol ? and y only a digit difference so sorry for the mistake)

TOI20080206-rev2

* added the ‘forgotten’ S-T sub menu (Use, Enter, Remove) and the ‘forgoten’ item sub (Use, Throw away/Remove)

TOI20080206 (6 Feb 2008)

* All Style's Skill

TOI20080203 (3 Feb 2008)

* Main menu
* Stats name
* Style name
* Library sub menu
* System sub menu
* Weapon Shop menu
* Weapon customize menu
* Item shop menu
* Guild menu
* Inn menu
* Options
* Options info

Screen Capture :

to12008020021gk7.png

to12008020022yt9.png

to12008020023ax4.png

toitrans4fy1.png

toitrans5cw4.png

toitrans6nr2.png

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i really have stuff to ask...

I really like the idea of your battle difficulty in the options, so i just wanted to ask if i can do something similar.. because i used nrml hrd czy but they reall look kind of wierd...
ya and don't worry because i will put your name in the credits with normmatt and myself
smile.gif

oh and about the text speed of the option, is it backwards?? because for the text speed,
if I press "->", it goes 1 speed down,.... from "fst" to "Nrml" to "slow"... and if i press "

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@psycho yup ??? mean auto
yes for info it got backward, but the definition itself didn't, since i use 01 as slowest setting and 05 for instant setting. left and right is just a matter of how you change the option.
at first i write as 'Fast|05~Slow|01" but i like putting it "Slow|01~Fast|05" better
happy.gif

@warmi, thankz
happy.gif
don't forget to use Ninja to patch the rom
wink.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@psycho yup ??? mean auto
yes for info it got backward, but the definition itself didn't, since i use 01 as slowest setting and 05 for instant setting. left and right is just a matter of how you change the option.
at first i write as 'Fast|05~Slow|01" but i like putting it "Slow|01~Fast|05" better
happy.gif

@warmi, thankz
happy.gif
don't forget to use Ninja to patch the rom
wink.gif
how did you change it around ?????

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
QUOTE said:
EDIT-
Another thing to ask- i am almost done with the options
???
that, should mean auto, right? (ya i don't know japanese so i used google translation... for almost everything...)
How would i get this on the options menu... Because i can only use 3 letters.. I tried Aut and Ato but those, i don't think people can figure out what that means...
ups, sorry, forgot about that,
i use ato, since the space really limited there (haven't tried to mess arround with pointers yet
happy.gif
), my other alternative was 'atm' and 'oto' (sound like auto right)
smile.gif

so for all three i se 'semi', 'ato', and 'manl' (or is it 'mnl')

lol, if you need translation help on skill, weapon, option, item list, or anything (as long as you didn't ask for the game script
happy.gif
which i don't really grasp all that text ) just drop me a message, either here or may blog (or on my messenger - my yahoo messenger id is teh same as my username here), i'll make a make a compilation and send it to you
happy.gif

well as long as i know what it is
happy.gif

@warm and jax, thanks for the support

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ya thank you!

Now to ask, what is IDA? is it some text extractor..??

Well i'm good at getting programs off the korean net
smile.gif

if you need help getting a prgm i'll help

I really need to learn about pointers... so i can redo my menu and work on the script >.

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
its'a a disassembler program.
not text extractor
happy.gif

i already got my diassambler from visual studio, but IDA pro is way better so i tried to get one of those
smile.gif

happy.gif
get on Yahoo messenger and we can chat about it more
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

What's this lol!
psycoblaster is working on the script!?

If you manage to finish, you guys will be my heroes lol
I love this game ^^

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yup, psychoblaster's TOI translation project intended to get all translated, while my project are only for basic translation (like menu, item, skill, etc) without the game script
smile.gif

Update :
just talking to psychoblaster and explore the posibility or partnering to translate this game. since 2 head doing one project is faster than 2 head doing the same thing on their own
happy.gif

well, basicly since i got some real big project at work ahead by the end of this month so maybe i don't really have much time for this project after that time.
so i'll be partnering with psycho for the translation translation (completing my previous list) and he'll done the hacking (at least for now, i might help with his hack and patch release later on)

by the way , i will (may) keep releasing my own patch from time to time (until i get it done for the most basic need translation for the game without game script translation [and i hope it will be done before th end of the month - not promising anythin gthough, i'll get as far as i could]), since our style and aim are different, so atleast for someone who wanna play it fast, you can grab it before the overall translation are done (psychoblaster project)

My own todo :
- style skill translation, halfway there, currently doing advance style, definition not translated yet, i'll make another patcher after it done

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
here's another update. this update add style's skill translation. the translation are mainly on name only. i didn't use exact translation for all the names due to some reason. here's an example : ???? that would literally mean erasing (erase) presence. what it do is lowering enemy encounter. so i use Enmy? instead. i use abbrevation on most of the skill name and sometimes do a bit skill name changing to get a name (and abbrevation) that fit to what it do. i didn't translate the info, since most of them already in english (like MHP+xx%, etc) and the other are easily guessed simply by looking at their translated name. but if you have some dificultlies later on, i'll consider to release a list of the translated skill name and what it do.
i'm doing so, so i can release a faster patcher from time to time, so i didn't translate the unecessary stuff (this was meant to be a lite-patch).

in translation, i also use some symbol like arrow symbol (?, ?, ?, ?) and star symbol (? and ?). those symbol represent :
? shows power up, while ? shows the opposite, ? shows extension of something (reach in assoult?, forward step in jp?, or time in AWK? that extend awakening gauge), and ? only used once in Jp? that represent extension in backward step.
? most likely to be used to represent increase like power up but with higher percentage and/or also giving negative side effect
? used to represent increase or power up that is greater than ? and with higher penalty (except for TP? where it represent TP usage reduction, which is all good without any penalty ^^)

while most of the skill name are easily understand, some are not, here are the list of the name that might cause confusion :
Coe in Saint (innocent) -> Coercion, enemy escape rate get higher
??? Saint (innocent) -> Enlightment, automatic HP and TP regeneration

to patch please use a clean rom, or restore you previously patched rom (patch it gaian with the same version patcher you use before)

patch download : http://www.mediafire.com/?c2yj4atcivs

project info : http://setya5785.wordpress.com/tales-of-in...sh-translation/

D

Deleted User

here's another update. this update add style's skill translation. the translation are mainly on name only. i didn't use exact translation for all the names due to some reason. here's an example : ???? that would literally mean erasing (erase) presence. what it do is lowering enemy encounter. so i use Enmy? instead. i use abbrevation on most of the skill name and sometimes do a bit skill name changing to get a name (and abbrevation) that fit to what it do. i didn't translate the info, since most of them already in english (like MHP+xx%, etc) and the other are easily guessed simply by looking at their translated name. but if you have some dificultlies later on, i'll consider to release a list of the translated skill name and what it do.
i'm doing so, so i can release a faster patcher from time to time, so i didn't translate the unecessary stuff (this was meant to be a lite-patch).

in translation, i also use some symbol like arrow symbol (?, ?, ?, ?) and star symbol (? and ?). those symbol represent :
? shows power up, while ? shows the opposite, ? shows extension of something (reach in assoult?, forward step in jp?, or time in AWK? that extend awakening gauge), and ? only used once in Jp? that represent extension in backward step.
? most likely to be used to represent increase like power up but with higher percentage and/or also giving negative side effect
? used to represent increase or power up that is greater than ? and with higher penalty (except for TP? where it represent TP usage reduction, which is all good without any penalty ^^)

while most of the skill name are easily understand, some are not, here are the list of the name that might cause confusion :
Coe in Saint (innocent) -> Coercion, enemy escape rate get higher
??? Saint (innocent) -> Enlightment, automatic HP and TP regeneration

to patch please use a clean rom, or restore you previously patched rom (patch it gaian with the same version patcher you use before)

patch download : http://www.mediafire.com/?c2yj4atcivs

project info : http://setya5785.wordpress.com/tales-of-in...sh-translation/

You sir, have just won life.

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
While i’m testing the second patch (above), i realise i forgot something, the spell/tech submenu and item (when you click on an item) :|

fool me TT_TT

i quickly translate those and created a new patch

TOI20080206-rev2 [Click to read info] [Click to download]

* added the ‘forgotten’ S-T sub menu (Use, Enter, Remove) and the ‘forgoten’ item sub (Use, Throw away/Remove)

setya5785

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yeah great thanks!!

But what is the best patch XD your or psychoblaster's patche ? i read you plan to work hand in hand so psychoblaster continious to release patch ???

Great work guy!!!
well, about which is best, its you to decide
smile.gif
it's just a matter of style, we had difference on how we translate things in ToI, you decide to choose which one suit you better for now

yup, i'm planning to help him, we already talk about it. currently, i'm just helping by translating from japanase text to english, he'll do his own rom hack/editing.
then why i'm continue mine, well, just can't stop lol
smile.gif

beside my original aim was to make fast basic translation, so you guys can have something to get started with the game until he finally release his patch
happy.gif
*and since i still got some free time, so better make use of it while it still last
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1