Tales of Innocence TGS 2011 Trailer Now Live

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
toir2.jpg

Earlier today the first scan of Tales of Innocence R was leaked. This evening we have the Tokyo Game Show 2011 trailer for the game.

According to Namco Bandai the R in the title means "reimagining", not remake like some had previously thought. Tales of Innocence R will include a revised game theme, a new battle system and a new gameplay system alongside a new opening movie.

The trailer reveals a few more changes that we couldn't gleam from the earlier scan. Battles will allow for four characters as in most console Tales titles, unlike the original's limit of three. The graphics have gotten a nice semi cell-shaded touch to them with a slightly isometric viewpoint in some of the game's areas. Touch controls will be added, which can be seen when the player touches the portraits of each of the AI characters to give them orders. The character busts in battle also animate like in the recent console titles.

According to the video the new theme will be New Day, New Life by KOKIA, the same artists responsible for the original game's opening.

Namco Bandai has a TBA 2012 release date set for the title in Japan. As expected, no word on a North American or European release has been currently announced.[/p]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC4sw_E0UcE[/youtube]​

icon11.gif
Source

Haven't seen this posted yet, so here you go!
Fingers crossed for English release!

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This really pissed me off... they release the beta version for nintendo users and later they release the improved version for sony. And even worst... they translate only the sony version.

I pass, already played ToI.... thanks throughhim btw.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Their so called "reimagine" is basically 4 people in the battle and animated cutscenes? And obvious better graphics. Im still getting it though
smile.gif
Will always be a Tales fan and will always support them in every way
smile.gif

But currently is Graces>Abyss>Vesperia>Innocence. But i would grab MH>Innocence so sorry you will have to wait
smile.gif

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
NahuelDS said:
This really pissed me off... they release the beta version for nintendo users and later they release the improved version for sony. And even worst... they translate only the sony version.

Indeed, it's hard not to call Bamco "Sony fanboys".
tongue.gif
Though we don't know if this'll get translated, but I reckon there's a good chance. At least, if Graces F and Abyss 3DS does well. Certainly not the most appealing Vita game title.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
NahuelDS said:

With Tales series, never forget that Sony comes first!
tpi.gif

QUOTE(DarkStriker @ Sep 15 2011, 03:24 PM) Their so called "reimagine" is basically 4 people in the battle and animated cutscenes? And obvious better graphics. Im still getting it though
smile.gif
Will always be a Tales fan and will always support them in every way
smile.gif

But currently is Graces>Abyss>Vesperia>Innocence. But i would grab MH>Innocence so sorry you will have to wait
smile.gif
You are now my 3rd favourite temper for today.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It doesn't seem like that much of an upgrade to me, good. I won't feel bad about not playing it.

I also liked Follow the Nightingale better.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I sense a bit of bitterness. I think this is a pretty cool move. I don't get why people are acting like this is something new. It seems like the big thing these days for Japan is taking something that was on a Nintendo console, and then making it bigger and better on a Sony console (within reason, of course).

I find this to be pretty cool. Here's to hoping they translate it and give the west a taste of one of many Tales games that we haven't had the chance to officially enjoy. If it wasn't for excellent translations from the likes of Absolute Zero, I wouldn't have even played ToI on the DS to begin with. You have to consider that there will be many people that have not even played the original ToI that will see a Tales game on the Vita and lap it up.

Regardless, no English release announced yet. If one eventually is, don't expect it until around mid to late 2012, or between six months and a year to two after the Japan release.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Re-Imagining", isn't that just a fancy word for Re-Hash?
dry.gif

That said i played ToI on my DS Lite Translated so i'll probably get this if it's translated by Bamco or the Vita gets hacked and some one translates it like Absolute Zero did the original.

D

Deleted User

Namco just doesn't like putting their Tales of games on other consoles. Just look at Graces and Vesperia. We got fucked over there.

Follow the Nightingale > this song. Sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs