• Views 173,672
  • Replies 352
  • Likes 3

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, I suppose there's one more place I ought to mention this...

Tales of Hearts
K-E Translation Project

So I actually started work on this back in June/July or so. I've been working on hacking and translation thus far, but would need a dedicated translator and possibly editor at some point, as I can't really translate fast enough or long enough to be able to do a whole game. At this point a decent chunk of the core programming, etc. is done and figured out, but there are still quite a few (major) things remaining, like FMV/battle subtitles, 3D subsystem hacking, a bunch of random hacks here and there, etc. I figured I might as well mention the project since I've been working on it for a bit by this point.

Some screenshots:

tohproject1.png
tohproject2.png
tohproject3.png

tohproject4.png
tohproject5.png
tohproject6.png

(Everything is very much WIP, of course -- but please do point out any problems.)

As far as progress goes, well... there's still a ton of stuff left to do, but I guess you could say my current goal is to do a menu translation cum first bit of the game translation (upto, say, where you leave Xing's village). Once I'm more or less sure that things are working out correctly, I would be very much interested in a translator, if anyone is up for it. (The same still holds for ND2/ND3, by the way!)

Many thanks of course go out to the many many people who helped out thus far, either directly or indirectly (via advice, tools, documents, etc.).

And of course, if Bandai Namco were to formally request me to stop, I would be more than happy to comply. I would hope that the reason for that would be that they have plans for an official release. In that case, looking forward to hearing from you! (You can count on one sale right here, at least
tongue.gif
)

(Copypasta'd from thread from official tales forums: http://tales.namco.c...pic.php?t=80918)

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
looks great, nice and clear, and everything just looks great. so many translation projects being worked on lately, anyway best of luck to the translators.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Cross said:
Good screenshots
smile.gif
but why not join up with crimson nocturnal.

Let's not have that "maybe you should join up" situation again. If he wants to do his own translation, then let him.

Anyways, I'll be supporting this. I loved your ND2/ND3 translations.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, was going to reply in your thread at the Tales forum, but was having problems with their forums and staying logged in, so I'll do so here...

Best of luck to you. CN will of course be continuing with our patch. I'd ask if you wanted to team up, but it seems like we have two different goals for the outcome of our patches. If you get stuck with something and need help, feel free to contact me as I may be able to help.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
I wish you the best of luck to you. Hope everything works out well. (Also, I'd like to note that his name is "Shing" not "Xing"...just thought I'd tell you that. >.>

Xing is the Chinese way of spelling Shing, I believe.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neoxephon said:
Rock Raiyu said:
I wish you the best of luck to you. Hope everything works out well. (Also, I'd like to note that his name is "Shing" not "Xing"...just thought I'd tell you that. >.>

Ah well then my fault then. I did not know that. Forget what I said lol

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i should probably keep my threads mirrored... bump with some more random screenshots:

tsumujigarasu.png
tohsomabuild.png
tohchamomile.png
(same screenshots as in the tales forums thread)​

WataruKun

Rom translator.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
neoxephon said:
Rock Raiyu said:

Ah well then my fault then. I did not know that. Forget what I said lol
Or maybe you should just research a name before you tell someone else they're wrong in the future
smile.gif

BTW, translation is looking great! Keep it up!

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good luck with everything.

Edit- Know what? If you really need the help let me know and I will be happy to assist with editing the script. I have some experience in the past. If I knew Japanese I would help you that way though. My friend, also a huge Tales fan, is a writer and I know she would love to help as well.

I hope a translator comes to help out.

Sabri23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The screenshot are looking great , toh translation , its like a dream come true , i wish you the best luck i ever can give . KEEP it up
biggrin.gif
, i'l cant wait =)

Kajitani-Eizan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happy Birthday... Tales of Hearts.

I am Incarose. I shall be the bearer of tidings on this joyous... occasion. There are good tidings and bad tidings. The bad is that... my mission stands incomplete. The good is that there are newly captured images for your perusal.

tohsubsinca.png
tohsubsinca2.png

As you can see... my cowl masks my face quite well and serves as good protection against the elements. Additionally, it would seem that there are subtitles. These were made possible... "thanks to Kingcom's great help", according to some individual known only as "Kaji".

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm really glad the Tales games are getting such good translation efforts, both text and hacking wise.

Although, it makes playing actual localizations kind of hard...the fan Tales efforts seem to be of higher quality, haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: