Tales of Hearts Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Kajitani-Eizan, Sep 21, 2009.

Sep 21, 2009
  1. Kajitani-Eizan

Member Kajitani-Eizan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Oops, I suppose there's one more place I ought to mention this...

Tales of Hearts
    K-E Translation Project

So I actually started work on this back in June/July or so. I've been working on hacking and translation thus far, but would need a dedicated translator and possibly editor at some point, as I can't really translate fast enough or long enough to be able to do a whole game. At this point a decent chunk of the core programming, etc. is done and figured out, but there are still quite a few (major) things remaining, like FMV/battle subtitles, 3D subsystem hacking, a bunch of random hacks here and there, etc. I figured I might as well mention the project since I've been working on it for a bit by this point.

Some screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Everything is very much WIP, of course -- but please do point out any problems.)

As far as progress goes, well... there's still a ton of stuff left to do, but I guess you could say my current goal is to do a menu translation cum first bit of the game translation (upto, say, where you leave Xing's village). Once I'm more or less sure that things are working out correctly, I would be very much interested in a translator, if anyone is up for it. (The same still holds for ND2/ND3, by the way!)

Many thanks of course go out to the many many people who helped out thus far, either directly or indirectly (via advice, tools, documents, etc.).

And of course, if Bandai Namco were to formally request me to stop, I would be more than happy to comply. I would hope that the reason for that would be that they have plans for an official release. In that case, looking forward to hearing from you! (You can count on one sale right here, at least [​IMG])

(Copypasta'd from thread from official tales forums: http://tales.namco.c...pic.php?t=80918)

2. Chrono Cross

Newcomer Chrono Cross Member

United States
    Good screenshots [​IMG] but why not join up with crimson nocturnal.

3. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    looks great, nice and clear, and everything just looks great. so many translation projects being worked on lately, anyway best of luck to the translators.

4. larkija33

Newcomer larkija33 Member

United States
    Finally! I've been waiting for this game to be translated!
    Looks good already. Good luck!

5. Mr.Positive

Member Mr.Positive GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Let's not have that "maybe you should join up" situation again. If he wants to do his own translation, then let him.

Anyways, I'll be supporting this. I loved your ND2/ND3 translations.

6. neoxephon

Member neoxephon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey, was going to reply in your thread at the Tales forum, but was having problems with their forums and staying logged in, so I'll do so here...

Best of luck to you. CN will of course be continuing with our patch. I'd ask if you wanted to team up, but it seems like we have two different goals for the outcome of our patches. If you get stuck with something and need help, feel free to contact me as I may be able to help.

7. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    I wish you the best of luck to you. Hope everything works out well. (Also, I'd like to note that his name is "Shing" not "Xing"...just thought I'd tell you that. >.>

8. neoxephon

Member neoxephon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Xing is the Chinese way of spelling Shing, I believe.

9. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    Ah well then my fault then. I did not know that. Forget what I said lol

10. Kajitani-Eizan

United States
    i should probably keep my threads mirrored... bump with some more random screenshots:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (same screenshots as in the tales forums thread)​

11. Sjaz

Newcomer Sjaz Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Yheah, Tales of Innocence and Tales of Hearts translations, I'm happy as one could be [​IMG]

12. WataruKun

Banned WataruKun Rom translator.

United States
    Or maybe you should just research a name before you tell someone else they're wrong in the future [​IMG]

BTW, translation is looking great! Keep it up!

13. KaelKazaki

Newcomer KaelKazaki Advanced Member

Good luck with everything.

Edit- Know what? If you really need the help let me know and I will be happy to assist with editing the script. I have some experience in the past. If I knew Japanese I would help you that way though. My friend, also a huge Tales fan, is a writer and I know she would love to help as well.

I hope a translator comes to help out.

14. Sabri23

Newcomer Sabri23 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    The screenshot are looking great , toh translation , its like a dream come true , i wish you the best luck i ever can give . KEEP it up [​IMG] , i'l cant wait =)

15. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    Screenshots are looking great, now weve got Toh and ToI can't wait

Best of look [​IMG]

16. Kajitani-Eizan

United States
    Happy Birthday... Tales of Hearts.

I am Incarose. I shall be the bearer of tidings on this joyous... occasion. There are good tidings and bad tidings. The bad is that... my mission stands incomplete. The good is that there are newly captured images for your perusal.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

As you can see... my cowl masks my face quite well and serves as good protection against the elements. Additionally, it would seem that there are subtitles. These were made possible... "thanks to Kingcom's great help", according to some individual known only as "Kaji".

17. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    I'm really glad the Tales games are getting such good translation efforts, both text and hacking wise.

Although, it makes playing actual localizations kind of hard...the fan Tales efforts seem to be of higher quality, haha.

18. Mr.Positive

Member Mr.Positive GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Those subtitles look beautiful. Its projects like this that make so proud of the rom hacking community.

19. hahahahaha

Newcomer hahahahaha Advanced Member

Singapore
    Yeah, lookin good.

20. bleachigo159

Newcomer bleachigo159 Advanced Member

Philippines
    Is this going to be a full translation??? I wish it could because the screenshots are awesome
    BTW good luck!!!!