Tales of Hearts screenshot

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Toni Plutonij, Dec 22, 2008.

Dec 22, 2008
  1. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I just got a very interesting mail with a screenshot of a TOH with some bits translated..
    Source is private and I won't be giving away any more info about this because for now, there ISN'T any info yet..

I just figured I'll share a picture with you, and see how do you guys feel about it..

This isn't a Photoshop work, this is authentic screenshot taken from a game!

[​IMG]

Also, a link to a post from Symphonic Heaven: http://symphonicheaven.com/news/tales/hear...arts-screenshot

2. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
  3. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    I'll say what I said in another thread.
    You can see whether it's real or not by checking out the English letters in the font of the game. I'm not exactly sure whether it's real or not :/

4. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    [​IMG]
    I got it from reliable source, not from some webpage, so I'm sure it's authentic....Take my word on it!! [​IMG]

And I'll be closing that other thread, and direct it to this thread [​IMG]
    That's a good part of being a MOD!! [​IMG]

5. Noitora

Greece
    Anyway, I can confirm whether this pic is real or not...gimme a minute.

6. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    Again, I assure you that it's real, but please, check it up, and confirm it, so people would be completely sure [​IMG]

7. ryukyus

Member ryukyus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    looks real but is it fan translation or a company translating it, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that this game was coming to north america, but can't rebember

8. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    I'm not sure about official translation, if it'll happen or not, but this screenshot is from fan based translation!

9. lce_

Newcomer lce_ Advanced Member

Canada
    Will it be a full translation?

10. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    That looks so damn good, what's the meaning with this screenshot? a hint on translation project? or just a tease? D=

11. Toni Plutonij
    OP

Croatia
    I guess it's a bit of both, it's a tease for sure, but also it's a full hint on a translation project..However, I don't know much more about it!

Maybe the team will decide from peoples thoughts and responds to the screenshot from internet! (usually, that's the main purpose of the first screenshots)

12. Noitora

Greece
    Hmm...None of the fonts in the game match with the one in the screenshot. Everything, excluding the script has no compression applied, so unless I see some script screenshots, I won't believe that this is something good.
    But again they might have designed a font of their own...but I don't see a reason to do that.

13. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    Ah, they have my full support, and i think most people out there would agree. Seeing as we never get any of the DS Tales games in english. I haven't tried this one yet though.

14. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I don't know why anyone thinks there would be artifacts from photoshopping a PNG; it's a lossless format.

15. itzeggplant

Newcomer itzeggplant Member

United States
    This is awesome news. I love the Tales games and was hoping for this game to be translated into English. However, one thing irks me. I'm a bit curious as to why they didn't use "Hisui" and "Kohaku" for the siblings...

16. Kajitani-Eizan

Member Kajitani-Eizan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    because "they" (as if it's a real mystery XD) decided that the meanings of the names were more important than the sounds of them. i don't think any Tales game before this, other than phantasia, has actually used japanese names, now that i think about it.

that, and "Kohak" is pretty awkward.

17. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    Most fan translations use their own font for various reasons.
    Sometimes just because they look better.
    Often because they can more effectively use space in combination with a bit of hacking.

If they just used what was available Kunzite wouldn't fit. You'd only get Kunzit.

On the note of names...
    You can rename everyone's (first) name anyway.

18. Ellara

Newcomer Ellara Member

Australia
    Whomever made it likely considers the original names (which are the Japanese words for the corresponding minerals seen in the screenshot) to be "too Japanese" -which is a legitimate complaint- and is aiming for a more localisation-based approach to translating it. I have two-ish guesses as to whom it might be behind it, but it could be someone completely different. Hopefully they've got a good mindset for tackling it and do their research like all translators (official and fan alike) ought to do so there's few (if any) embarrassing mistakes.

That said, if this is indeed real, as it seems to be, I wish the best for the team. Looking forward to seeing more news about it in the future.

EDIT: Dammit, Kaji you beat me to it! XD

19. Kajitani-Eizan

Member Kajitani-Eizan GBAtemp Regular

United States
    OPPS i meant fujibayashis in general, not just ToP.

also hisui became jadeite for two obvious reasons: 1. jade is already taken 2. sailor moon references ahoy. it might be a bit too ridiculous though.

20. throughhim413

Member throughhim413 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    And... I give up. This is from my blog, I want to make my purpose clear before things spiral totally out of control.

----------------------------------