Tales of Hearts R announced for PSV

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ALkYu.png

Last week, Tales of Hearts R was announced for the Playstation Vita with a release date of Spring 2013. Contrary to the DS version, this game will be in full 3D and is being developed by the same team as Innocence R. It is currently 50% complete and will feature a new chase link system to allow additional attacks to an enemy that has been sent flying. Images and more information can be found in the sources.

icon11.gif
Source-Announcement
icon11.gif
Source-New screens and battle system

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That doesn't stop a true weeaboo.
But seriously there's a translation patch in the works for both PS2 and PSP version and i recommend it since this is my favourite Tales game.

I know there's translation in progress but I'm going to wait for that. Cos y'see I like knowing what the fuck is actually happening.

Reactions: Skelletonike

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

On topic: finally, a reason for me to possibly get a PSV. By then, stores will be even more abundant with pre-owned consoles so they might be a damn sight cheaper.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a huge fan of the series, but it's always nice to see the Vita library expand.

It certainly isn't dis-Hearts-ening, that's for sure.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3D battles? Why Bamco? The 2D battle system was the best part of the game. You're better off playing the DS version.

Also, the chances of localization is next to nil, even Bamco won't think about localizing a game for a system that barely sells in America and doesn't even sell in Japan.

Also all these unnecessary ports are killing the system while the PSP is getting a glut of new sequels and original titles, the developers need to get their heads out of their asses and ween themselves off the PSP. The Vita is suffering, start developing for it.

Reactions: Skelletonike

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ports are barely helping in Japan... People got a vita for P4Golden and Tales of Innocence. Not enough to call it successful, but still...
You gotta start somewhere.

I LOVE HEARTS THOUGH. Bring it over and I'll get a Vita.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This wasn't really news to me since I read about it last week, however it's pretty weird for them to be doing these remakes for the Vita, I mean, the console isn't being exactly successful, and while the Tales series have a good amount of fans in Japan, it's still pretty unnecessary to release a remake of a game that was released not that long ago... Now if it was a remake of Tales of Legendia (one of my faves), Tales of Destiny, Tales of Eternia and heck, even Tales of Phantasia that had several remakes already, those surely would be better off getting a full 3D remake rather than a recent game, I still find it stupid no matter how many times I look at it. >.>

Edit: This coming from a huge fan of the series. =O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."