Tales of Graces recalled in Japan

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Feb 23, 2010.

Feb 23, 2010
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Source

Hm, feels like someone was rushing this release...

2. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Most of the bugs aren't detrimental just annoying but I recall two that nearly crashed my game. At least we all got an apology and the promise of better control unlike Toyota.

3. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    I'm particularly interested in what these bugs are. I mean, are they really that game breaking?

4. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    That`s the problem with the Wii. With other console there would have been a patch to get rid of the bugs!

The game still looked great and the japanese reviews were pretty good as well. Hopefully someday it will be released over here as well [​IMG]

5. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    The problem is shitty developers. If that many bugs made it into the "final" version, numerous people either are horrible at their job, or they just plain didn't play-test anything. Releasing an incomplete game, then months later releasing a patch to fix all your mistakes is a dick move. If I pay full price for a game, I expect a complete game, not whatever they could squeak out by the deadline.

6. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, Master Mo is right. Most games that are slow or buggy or glitchy get a patch that clears up most of the problems. You can't do that with Wii games so if you want to fix up a game, you have to send out a completely new copy.

7. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    As far as I know the bugs didn`t make the game unplayable (as I said: the reviews were pretty good) and content-wise the game hasn`t change, so the game was complete, when it got shipped a few months ago.

Really, I don`t care about graphics-power or DLC (which I think is more what you mean - like when a week or so their is already DLC available for a game) but in this time and age, something like patched should be possible with every console, at least with home-comsoles. If the Wii would be capable of patches maybe we could have seen older games patched with WM+-compatibility or something like this. It just bothers me, that there is no possibility to change the game, after its shippment...

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    When it comes to non-breaking bugs, I'd rather have the ability to patch them later than have to wait an extra few weeks just to play the game at all... and yes, updating older games to work with newer stuff is always good.

Sorry Wii. [​IMG]

9. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    I wasn't referring to DLC, but I understand how you drew that conclusion. What bothers me to no end is when I play a game and find several bugs from basic play (aka not trying to cheat or break things in-game) that clearly should have been found by the testers and fixed by whoever. It shows they don't care, and aren't doing their jobs, yet still expect to get paid the normal rate. If pushing back the release date means a completed and polished game, I'm all for it. Unfortunately, the companies rarely are. And yes, I understand I would have less of a reason to complain if the Wii allowed patches, but we wouldn't need patches if they fixed bugs before shoving it out the door.

10. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    and they talk about shovelware games being rushed... shovelware is when a game does not reach the stds of a regular game but bugs are always present in every game... some hidden and some not