Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Scott-105 said:
Freudian Lemur said:
suruz said:
OMFGG! If ToI is anything to go by, I love Tales games! ;D These guys are AWESOME and it's awesome to see more overlooked games get translated
biggrin.gif
I'm guessing that means you've not played Tales of Symphonia? You definitely should do, it's one of the best (the GC one, not the Wii one).
I agree the GC Symphonia was better, but what's wrong with the Wii one?

The Wii one had a bad story line (even for Tales), some of the worst characters I've ever seen in a game, and some pretty rancid voice acting. Graphics were pretty crap too. The gameplay and stuff still worked well enough but it was just so incredibly hampered by terrible characters and presentation issues. Within 5 minutes of playing you'll learn that the main character is annoying, whiney, and the biggest pussy you'll ever see.
I'm like 15 hours in and I don't find it THAT bad. Although the main character is a little bitch.

ssj4gohan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Scott-105 said:
Freudian Lemur said:
suruz said:
OMFGG! If ToI is anything to go by, I love Tales games! ;D These guys are AWESOME and it's awesome to see more overlooked games get translated
biggrin.gif
I'm guessing that means you've not played Tales of Symphonia? You definitely should do, it's one of the best (the GC one, not the Wii one).
I agree the GC Symphonia was better, but what's wrong with the Wii one?

The Wii one had a bad story line (even for Tales), some of the worst characters I've ever seen in a game, and some pretty rancid voice acting. Graphics were pretty crap too. The gameplay and stuff still worked well enough but it was just so incredibly hampered by terrible characters and presentation issues. Within 5 minutes of playing you'll learn that the main character is annoying, whiney, and the biggest pussy you'll ever see.

You're talking about TOS2, not Graces right? Since I didn't find Graces bad at all. The cast of Graces appear reasonably plain at a first glance, but are actually among some of the best animated in the series not to mention they contain a diverse range of personalities. The storyline is on par with or perhaps even better than Symphonia and the battle system in Graces (once Style Shifting is unlocked) is a perfect harmonization of classic and current Tales gameplay.

I would very much like to see this project continue through to its completion. However, there is talk of dropping the project if Graces is localised on PS3. I hope the project isn't dropped as I don't plan on repurchasing the PS3 version either way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: