Tales Of Graces (EU) Release

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by XXLANCEXX, May 25, 2010.

May 25, 2010

Tales Of Graces (EU) Release by XXLANCEXX at 1:44 AM (2,785 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

  1. XXLANCEXX
    OP

    Member XXLANCEXX GBAtemp Maniac

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1,440
    Location:
    In my house
    Country:
    United States
    Since Europe Is Gonna Be Lucky country and get Tales Of Graces in english
    i wanted to know if we or me can get the game to PAL to NTSC Converted
    without buying any adapter for my tv cause i have a flat screen TV
    and if so YAY and let me know [​IMG]
     
  2. Guild McCommunist

    Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

    Joined:
    May 6, 2009
    Messages:
    18,151
    Location:
    The Danger Zone
    Country:
    United States
    If your Wii is modded you can just force the region to NTSC on like any loader that's relatively non-ancient. Works for backups at least. If you want to import, IDK if it works for retail games, but just rip it and play the back-up.
     
  3. Klarkykat

    Member Klarkykat GBAtemp Regular

    Joined:
    May 19, 2009
    Messages:
    106
    Country:
    Ireland
    Well it's not out, and it hasn't even been properly confirmed has it?

    SO WHO BLOODY KNOWS!
     
  4. XXLANCEXX
    OP

    Member XXLANCEXX GBAtemp Maniac

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1,440
    Location:
    In my house
    Country:
    United States
    Yep my wii is moded but i wanna play it on the disk channel
    when it comes out
     
  5. Lacertia

    Newcomer Lacertia Member

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2008
    Messages:
    25
    Country:
    United States
    Hmmm, didn't this game get recalled cause it had a shit load of game breaking bugs in it? Or am i just thinking of something else?..

    anyway if this is true... i want it....need my tales fix.
     
  6. Giga_Gaia

    Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2006
    Messages:
    1,281
    Location:
    Quebec, Canada
    Country:
    Canada
    I don't know where you saw it was coming in europe, but at the moment, there is no confirmation that's it's coming to europe. In fact, it has exact the same chances to come out in Europe then America.

    You're wrong, Europe isn't luckier then America [​IMG]
     
  7. Guild McCommunist

    Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

    Joined:
    May 6, 2009
    Messages:
    18,151
    Location:
    The Danger Zone
    Country:
    United States
    It did get recalled, but it was replaced with a bug-free disc. 101 times out of 100 it'll be the non-buggy version in Europe, if it comes out.

    As for playing in the disc channel, I'm not sure you can without not only updates (if it has any), but the region fix. You can play retail games in back-up loaders though, I did that for NMH2 so I could skip the update.
     
  8. WiiPower

    Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2008
    Messages:
    8,165
    Country:
    Germany
    You can play almost 100% of import games between PAL and NTSC-U with the available loaders*. I recommend Gecko OS and SoftChip for retail games instead of a backup launcher. Sometimes it may require some settings tweaking, but that's it. Import games from disc channel requires preloader or priiloader, and has a much lower compatiblity.

    But the main problem remains when using a loader: The video mode. As PAL user there's a 95% chance your tv supports PAL&NTSC, as NTSC user, the chance seems to be 5%...

    Anyways, if you are lucky, you tv supports both, then you can play all import games in color. If you are not lucky, then about half of all games allow to be forced to the other video mode. And from the other half, about the half works in the other video mode if the video mode is patched. (ok, this requires a backup launcher or a patched disc)

    Easy test if your wii supports both video modes is to use Gecko OS or SoftChip and force PAL60 on some of your games. If at least one of them boots in black and white, then your tv doesn't support PAL. If all of them are either in correct color or don't play at all, then you should be fine.


    *I know a lot of issues, but i can't name a game that doesn't work when from the other region
     

Share This Page