1. 1,732

Front-page

The latest Tales game now has a definitive release date, as revealed by Bandai Namco in the latest issue of Famitsu. Tales of Arise will be launching on September 10th worldwide, for Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, as well as the latest home consoles, as also announced by the article. Both the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X versions will be out on the same day. Tales of Arise was originally announced at E3 2019, and prior to this trailer, the game had been delayed "indefinitely".

Xzi, aMp, rehtiht and 7 others like this.
  2. Discussion (19 replies)

3. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    It looks kind of fun. I will probably pick it up on Steam and play it on my Shield

4. Vilagamer999

Spain
    Looks cool, can’t wait to try it out :)

5. phalk

phalk Handheld Maniac

Brazil
    I see no reason why Namco keeps skipping the Switch. Their games shouldn't have issues running on it.

rimoJO, gunfort and godreborn like this.
  6. Uiaad

Uiaad GBAtemp's resident guinea pig

United Kingdom
    Ahh Tales of Arise ... one of the two games I'm waiting for this year :)

7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Looks pretty cool, will check out :P

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I feel the same way. I can't imagine the system selling that well on the ps5 or xbox series s/x, because of the gross shortage of both consoles. there can't be that many out there less than a year after release.

9. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Because Bandai Namco is being spiteful punks

rimoJO and godreborn like this.
  10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    maybe tales of vesperia didn't sell well on the switch? there's at least 70 million of them out there last time I heard, and the number just keeps getting larger.

11. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Probably need a lot of work to get run on Switch but... their developers chose to be lazy.

godreborn likes this.
  12. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Addict

Well it's about time. We finally have a release date. I hope that it doesn't get delayed again.

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    the main reason I want it on the switch is that I don't have a ps5/xbox series s or x, because they're too hard to find, unless you want to pay scalping prices, and they're both too big for my setup. I have an entertainment center with several shelves, and I don't think they'll fit on any of them. I actually have my 360 sitting vertically on top of it due to how big it is. I also can't play it on the ps4, since I'm on an exploitable system. I'm sure the game will require at least 8.50 being four to five months out. I also only buy games on the switch, pirate everything else. all three of my switches are legit, and one of them is hackable based on the serial number (neon switch I got in 2018 as a replacement from Nintendo after my original failed). I only keep that one, because it's hackable in case I ever want to hack a switch. it's sitting on my bed's headboard inside a dock I bought a while back and turned off.

14. DannX

DannX Member
    Newcomer

Costa Rica
    I hate to say this but I really wanted this to be on Nintendo Switch. I mean this game is releasing in every other current platform. Why not the Switch?
    I'd get it on Steam but I'm afraid my PC might not be up to the game's gorgeous visuals and fluid combat system, which looks incredibly awesome btw.
    Game looks amazing, but I'll probably have to sit this one out.

godreborn likes this.
  15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    same. I can pretty much guarantee my computer won't be able to run it. I couldn't run dragon quest xi except at like 15fps. opening video ran fine, but when it got to the gameplay, it was a disaster.

16. kevin corms

kevin corms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Hard to say, the original version of dq11 was harder to run than you would think. It was only 900p on ps4 and 30 fps if I remember correctly.

godreborn likes this.
  17. mangaTom

mangaTom GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    While this looks cool and beautiful, I for some reason can't just get into the Tales series. I even had abyss, vesperia and berseria installed and yet I didn't even start playing any of it. I'm a weeb and a big fan of RPGs but Tales just doesn't click with me.

18. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Considering the system requirements for Berseria and Zestiria, I'm sure they ain't gonna bother with optimization too much as per tradition.

But we got Vesperia, though... That's kinda something. There's a smoking dog there, for cryin' out loud!

19. thewarhammer

thewarhammer GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Well, considering that Zestiria is originally a PS3 game, I guess there wouldn't be a problem for the Switch. But besides that, totally agree with you.

eyeliner likes this.
  20. gunfort

gunfort GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    They are being lazy allright. I mean considering some games that have several years gap just to be released in languages other than japan while the translated script already existed at some point.

21. FangOfFenrir

FangOfFenrir Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hoping I manage to actually get a next gen console by the time it comes out, failing that pc lol.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - September, versions, release