Takt of Magic translation?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by panmusic, Apr 9, 2010.

Apr 9, 2010

Takt of Magic translation? by panmusic at 3:11 PM (2,594 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. panmusic
    OP

Member panmusic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    I don't know if this is the correct forum for this.
    I wonder how possible it is for an experienced team to translate Takt of Magic in English.
    With Riivolution now available,it is much more simpler to patch a translation I guess...
    I played the JP version and I have very positive impressions.Basically,any Fire Emblem fan should check this game.
    What do you think?

2. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    not sure but since im a fire emblem fan thanks for the recomendation [​IMG]

3. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Theres actually a few Japanese games I'd like a translation for, takt of magic included, although I have to admit that this game was one of the few that was fully playable and easy to learn, as all gameplay moves were shown with a visual representation of the wiimote & what buttons/movements were required. I guess it'd be nice to understand dialogue and the overall plot, though.. :>

There was a nice RPG, came out second half of last year, that you needed a guide to complete the first & any subsequent quests, that I'd love to see a translation for, and also, that one recently that used WM+ and was a hack 'n' slash where you began by defending a village from these giants (It had a nice intro, where the protagonist was an owl and came to land, turning into a warrior running ti the battle, as he did) That too would be great translated. Oh, and Tales of Graces, etc ..

I cant think of the names, off the top of my head, of the 2 games I described above, but if I thought someone would read this thread and translate one of them, I would certainly locate them (the title names, that is).

*heres hoping someone proves me wong though, it would be cool to have a dedicated translation group*

;>

4. panmusic
    OP

Member panmusic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Resincake,do you mean Zangeki no Raginleiv?
    Another excellent game,but there is actually hope for localization for this one...

5. Naggerz

Newcomer Naggerz Newbie

United States
    I completely agree with Panmusic. That would be awesome if we could get a translated patch for takt.

6. TempusC

Member TempusC GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    There are translations underway for Captain Rainbow and Tales of Graces. I tried out Takt of Magic and wasn’t thrilled, mostly due to the unintuitive way you move around the map. It grated on me after a few battles.

7. LucaLink

Newcomer LucaLink Advanced Member

Italy
    I was interested in Takt of Magic too *w* But.. maybe if it's so easy to play it doesn't need a complete translation so badly, and.. probably the dialogues are not so interesting and original. How much text is in the game?

By the way, Tempus, it seems to me that the english editing for Rainbow need to speed up. What do you think about searching for more help with a new topic on this forum? The raw translation is 1/3 of the total now.