Gaming Take Two Want DS Games From Rockstar!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Pasc get his way with a DS GTA? Maybe, today Take-Two Chairman Strauss Zelnick recently discussed his companies view on the Wii and DS, this is what he said:

"To be perfectly frank, I don’t think it takes a rocket scientist to realize what’s going on with Wii and DS. I will tell you that very quickly we turned to both 2K and to Rockstar and said guys, we need a DS strategy and a Wii strategy and we are working on it. As we get into the next quarter and into budget season for 2008, everybody in this company is completely focused on it.

Having said that, development cycles are long. Sports aren’t as good as games develop for specific platforms but we are looking at all of them across the board for Wii and DS. I will tell you that carnival games that we’ve announced for the Wii have gotten a lot of attention in the marketplace, as well as with our first-party partners. So we are pretty excited about that.

We have some -- some have been announced, some Wii titles have been announced and we are working to put more out on the Wii and DS."

Well nothing specific but we could see something from them one day and hell perhaps finally some better sport titles. Rockstar already have Manhunt 2 for the Wii ready soon and rumour has it their excellent Table Tennis game may get a Wii version. They made games for PSP but then thats not much of a risk seeing that those same titles can be ported to other consoles.

Source

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Brothers in Arms was possible in 3D now GTA!
In Brothers in arms you can do stuff like Drive tanks and walking(And more i geus just started playing so dunno)

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I'm surprised Take Two forces Rockstar and 2K Games to work harder, but on the other side, 3D Realms does ABSOLUTELY nothing and receives millions of budget that the developers simply put in their fat pockets. And gets treated like a baby. What the hell?

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised Take Two forces Rockstar and 2K Games to work harder, but on the other side, 3D Realms does ABSOLUTELY nothing and receives millions of budget that the developers simply put in their fat pockets. And gets treated like a baby. What the hell?
It is something thats very annoying, they should take care of those two otherwise they'll leave when their contracts are over. Although I loved Prey it would be nice if 3D Realms just pulled their fingers out of their arses as before Prey their last game was Max Payne 2!

If there is a GTA DS, I would prefer a overhead version. I have GTA PSP for 3D and I loved to have a GTA 2 style title on the go again.

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOl yeah because the psp is going to come back anytime in a few years, but i think they have been making something for some time now if not why say something all of a sudden about the ds?

kaspal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
ill be realy looking forward for the Table Tennis game for the wii... i think if it happens to come out, it will be a killer app.

for the DS?... i dont know, if they happen to release somethin good, im all in for it... but if not, i couldnt really care less (i dont like GTA at all).

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i wouldnt mind a comic style GTA for the DS i know they could probably pull of cel shaded since i saw the size of DQ:Monster we will have to just wait and see want they come up. GTA on the wii would so many possibilities

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a feeling that we'll see the two PSP games on Wii in one little pack, which I wouldn't mind but would love something Wii exclusive.

Can't see why its taking them ages to release something for DS, Nintendo would easily advertise the hell out of it.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right about Rockstar being run by morons. Long after like 95% of the 3rd parties makers got off that horseshit lie slant that Nintendo was nothing but a kiddie box they still were shooting that shit off through the GC and probably behind closed doors (if not public and I missed it for Wii too.) They had their heads so far up Sony's ass and to a lesser extent MS they didn't even bother to do some basic work to see the Wii just might be something you'd want to support, and definitely the DS. Hell the DS was a given considering the gameboy namesake before and the fact that max payne and gtaa did decently well too.

They snubbed and now are paying the price in substancial lost revenue both having to now start from scratch and having to pick up the equipment to start making things. Been calling them dumb for years and this fairly well confirms it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte