Take-Two looking to purchase Codemasters for £739m

codemasters logo.jpg
Founded in the U.K., Codemasters is a studio that notably worked on racing titles such as Dirt Rally series and Formula 1 licences. The veteran studio might however be sold to U.S. company Take-Two in a £739m ($973m) deal; a deal that has yet to be finalised at the time of writing. Both companies did however confirm the existence this deal following media reports.

"Take-Two believes that the combination of Take-Two and Codemasters would bring together two world-class interactive entertainment portfolios, with a highly complementary fit between 2K and Codemasters in the racing genre," Take-Two said.

:arrow: SOURCE

D

Deleted User

Didn't these guys do the Colin McRae Rally series, too? Lots of good childhood memories with the Xbox release of '05. I don't really know anything about Take Two, though, so I can't comment much..

Why not?
because take two are the masterminds behind the greedy monetization schemes like unskippable ads in the nba 2k games and the pay to win grind of gta 5

D

Deleted User

lol, who brought codemasters games?
is that english?
codemasters are the ones who made the dirt and f1 series no? with take two at the helm, i can only imagine that they're gonna be forced in to some EA level monetization in the future, hence why i'm not interested in buying any new games in the future

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
is that english?
codemasters are the ones who made the dirt and f1 series no? with take two at the helm, i can only imagine that they're gonna be forced in to some EA level monetization in the future, hence why i'm not interested in buying any new games in the future

brought is England English for buy.

i.e. no one buys codemasters games, unless its like free with ps plus or so.

D

Deleted User

brought is England English for buy.

i.e. no one buys codemasters games, unless its like free with ps plus or so.
ps+ games aren't free but i digress, i'm a special snowflake that actually buys my games it seems, unless it's a console game then i couldn't really care all too much

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually not too displeased with this purchase, although I'm not a GTA fan by any means. I prefer 2K's games over Rockstar's, simply because there are more without an M rating - several sports titles, for instance. They also make the Carnival Games series, in which I've grown fond of the Switch version.

As for CodeMasters, I hope it doesn't become a Rockstar property. Game Genie will never be the same again if that happens... :(

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet