Take the eggs! Ornithorhynchus Anatinus GO GO GO!

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Take%20the%20eggs!%20Ornithorhynchus%20Anatinus%20GO%20GO%20GO!%20DS%20v1.0%20Icon.png
Take the eggs! Ornithorhynchus Anatinus GO GO GO! DS
v1.0
Take%20the%20eggs!%20Ornithorhynchus%20Anatinus%20GO%20GO%20GO!%20DS%20v1.0.jpg

Take the eggs! Ornithorhynchus Anatinus GO GO GO! DS is a homebrew remake of the game Metteke Tamago with Ganbare! Kamonohashi originally for the Sega Saturn and now for the DS thanks to retrohead and the other involved in this homebrew project. Your goal is to go after the eggs, collect them, let them hatch and bring back your kids to your house. This version has almost all features and modes that was intended for this homebrew with the exception of a multiplayer mode due to several restrictions in the current libs. The changelog for this version is available below.

* Vehicle speed on world 2 increased to be closer to the original game.
* Time stop active time decreased to be closer to the original game.
* Ghost / Death Messenger can now hit eggs and loose babies.
* Added 5 new stages.
* Added 4 new characters.
* Score sprites positioning improved.
* Added Hi-Score menu and awards for story mode.
* Story sections incorperated.
* 2 hidden modes available for ranking high in story mode.
* Options screen with sound level options added.
* Save game support added to keep your Hi-Scores and unlocked modes etc.
* Beat characters in story mode to unlock them in versus mode.
* Play worlds in story mode to unlock them in versus mode.
* Various bugs fixed.
download.gif
 Offsite Download
icon11.gif
 Source
discuss.png
 Discuss

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, I remember this, it's the game with the really long weird name.
tongue.gif

Here's an ingame screenshot in case anyone else wants it too:
screen4.jpg

fedgerama

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hehehe...
My friend is obsessed with platypuses (platypi?) so he even knows the scientific name for them and goes around saying it all the time. I didn't think I'd ever have a use for that name, but today I did. The scientific name for platypus is Ornithorhynchus anatinus. I gotta show this game to my friend and see what he says.

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Haha fedgerama that made me laugh, obsessed with the platypus, you have some crazy friends I see. You must be the first person to mention that they actually know what an Ornithorhynchus Anatinus is
yay.gif

Anyway, I'm glad you guys are getting some fun out this, there are plenty more screenshots available on the homepage if you want to check those out:

http://files-ds-scene.net/take_the_eggs/?s=screens

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Another World said:
this is a great homebrew, very fun and perfect for all ages. jph got me into this one, i wonder if he knows about this update yet.

cheers,
-another world
I'm sure he'll notice it sooner or later
wink.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
of course i saw this update hehe
i love the homebrew, a tinkle of pee ran down my leg from excitement when i saw the news.
biggrin.gif

the game is hands-down my favorite ds homebrew game.
the gfx, gameplay, etc. are just perfect for the ds.
wub.gif

(also its too bad that multiplayer isnt going to happen, but its not like i know anyone else with a ds/flashcart to crank it up with)

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a specific directory structure for this game? No matter what I do, I only get two black screens. I've tried the .nds and TakeTheEggs folder in root, in X:/Homebrew, I've tried both save methods, I've placed the .nds file within and outside of the TakeTheEggs folder... nothing works. I've redownloaded it multiple times, I even tried DLDI patching (which isn't even supposed to be needed), and still, nothing.

I'd love to play this game, but even the betas did this to me as well.

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
PuyoDead said:
Is there a specific directory structure for this game? No matter what I do, I only get two black screens. I've tried the .nds and TakeTheEggs folder in root, in X:/Homebrew, I've tried both save methods, I've placed the .nds file within and outside of the TakeTheEggs folder... nothing works. I've redownloaded it multiple times, I even tried DLDI patching (which isn't even supposed to be needed), and still, nothing.

I'd love to play this game, but even the betas did this to me as well.

Which flashcard are you using? May help me work out why it isnt working for you. To answer your question, no there is no specific directory structure the folder can be anywhere on your flashcard as long as it is not more than 3 folders deep.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, after a long IRC session, the problem has been found! Seems my CycloDS folder was bunk. Even though everything else worked, for whatever reason Take The Eggs didn't like it. After updating to 1.54b3, and more directory juggling, this did it:

Copied everything off the card (except /CycloDS), and formatted it. Restarted it and let the CycloDS rebuild. Copied everything back over, and it was all good.

We found this out by testing it on a newly formatted 1GB MicroSD card. Thanks WildDenim and Kyusuke!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou