danielyoshisfc

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey-a guys! Can you help me?
My Wii is from May 2008 (8 years old already). Any tips to take more care of it?
- It overheats when a disc is inserted and reading/playing and if WiiConnect24 is enabled without disc,on standy mode
- It can't read at all the Super Smash Bros Brawl disc (the disc channel says it's an unknown disc,but it works directly on the Wii U) (if I try for a second time it "works")
- In software: I only have two VC games,HBC and d2x cios.
- It's power adapter is always connected to the electricity.
- It's upside down instead of upright. Is that bad?
So... any tips? :P

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • First, you can turn off WiiConnect24. It was terminated by Nintendo in 2013, so it's pointless to keep it on.
  • If you're using discs, the Wii can have issues with dual-layered discs like Smash Bros. There's not much you can do about it without messing with the drive. You might want to switch to using a USB loader for it.
I don't see anything else that needs to be addressed.

Edit: You could also run a sysCheck and drag the report into ModMii in order to make sure your IOS files are all what's recommended.

Last edited by Lacius,

danielyoshisfc

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
  • First, you can turn off WiiConnect24. It was terminated by Nintendo in 2013, so it's pointless to keep it on.
  • If you're using discs, the Wii can have issues with dual-layered discs like Smash Bros. There's not much you can do about it without messing with the drive. You might want to switch to using a USB loader for it.
I don't see anything else that needs to be addressed.

Edit: You could also run a sysCheck and drag the report into ModMii in order to make sure your IOS files are all what's recommended.
Yeah but... do USB drives overheat a Wii more than a physical game?

D

Deleted User

If you keep it on the TV stand and don't knock it down it should be fine. Mine gets hot when I am doing something intensive. It should be fine.

D

Deleted User

My Wii literally fried a USB stick but that's about all the trouble I have had. Been working fine. Just not going to put anything expensive in it.

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use a hammer to fix it :P

But there so many Wii's out there, if yours not working any more.
Then you can buy then dirt cheap.

But Super Smash Bros Brawl is a DVD9 game, those games can damaged your lens.
My tip is play all dvd9 games off a HDD/SD.
Or better play all disc games from HDD.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure!
My Wii is from May 2008 (8 years old already). Any tips to take more care of it?
Keep it out of dust, that's mostly it, wii's are pretty badass on terms of duration.
- It overheats when a disc is inserted and reading/playing and if WiiConnect24 is enabled without disc,on standy mode
This its probably due the disc spinning forcing the little motor, switch to USB drive or SD, i have played over 8 hours straight, no issues
- It can't read at all the Super Smash Bros Brawl disc (the disc channel says it's an unknown disc,but it works directly on the Wii U) (if I try for a second time it "works")
Probably the disc has some minimal damage, and the wii dvd drive does not recognized at first, this issue happens to me with a gamecube disc, my old GC doe snot recognize the zelda wind waker disc, only after several tries, and wii will recognize it at the first try, probably due to the laser being more powerfull.
- In software: I only have two VC games,HBC and d2x cios.
Nothing to worry about, maybe just check your cIOS/iOS to see if everything its updated?
- It's power adapter is always connected to the electricity.
make sure to turn of the wii [red light on the console], sleeping it, [orange led], will somehow overheat it a little.
- It's upside down instead of upright. Is that bad?
no differences, would make differente if the fan could be on the sides and not on the back ;D
Post a syscheck log please? O:

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would he need to do that? This thread isn't really him having bad problems with it. He is asking for tips.
Hes asking for tips, if the wii has OLD cIOS, a tip can be updating them, for that, it must be known if the cIOS are indeed updated.

as you can see here:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans