RELEASE Taiko song inserter

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by EmEE, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Azel

Azel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    I guess the release of the western version could allow to have both version side by side with more added content ?

I took a look inside the Wii discs, they seem to have similar enough .bin sheet file like wiiu does. sound is in .nub files
    PSP and PSP 2 have atrac3 songs and a big data.bin, PSP DX has .DAT big files, not sure how to unpack them.
    Some PS2 games use .vag sound files, sheets must be in a bit .dat or data.000 file.

as for PS4, it looks close enough to the switch apparently : https://github.com/kode54/vgmstream/issues/294

Not sure about Vita/3DS/DS, but should be similar to some on those depending on the time they were released (?)

2. SpongyLesbian

SpongyLesbian Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2018
    Iceland
    Helheim
    Great release, hope we could manage to insert songs from other Taiko games. Also for Vita version; song files are in .nus3bank, song difficulties are (oni, kantan, etc.) in .bin format, don't know about the other files.

Azel likes this.
  3. Azel

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    nus3bank are just packages though, what's inside might need to be (batch?) converted (switch is in OPUS format, some are probably in atrac or something else)

4. JokerJoester

JokerJoester Member

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2018
    United States
    I apologize for the question, but how does one use this?

5. Azel

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    after reading the 1st post, what are you having problem with specificaly ? :)

6. SpongyLesbian

SpongyLesbian Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2018
    Iceland
    Helheim
    I'll try my best to see what's inside those nus3bank packages.

7. Syaro_c

Syaro_c Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    Canada
    Newest 1.0.5 update .bin files cannot be extracted. I think they changed their compression method

8. EmEE
    OP

EmEE Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2018
    United States
    Looks to be more like encryption rather than compression since I see no headers. Some of the files (don_color.bin) are still on the older compression, so I wonder if it'll still take the gzip files.

9. Azel

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    Hi ! thanks a million for this man, seriously!
    been reading the script
    View attachment 150088
    Can you elaborate more on this ? I have enough knowledge on switch games pfs and what is crypted and what isn't. is you base.nca "bc17d0ace6a49671c3c8389e0dbebaf5.nca" ? is your update.nca "be0b90a2bf71c641169e0cfe298aa1d2.nca" (program part in the xml manifest) ? I also managed to get a romfs.bin of the game (3,15 Gb)

Kinda lost here on how to add the switch DLCs :'(

(I have the 3 wiiu and 3 wiiudlc decrypted and in the right place though)

Tried without the switch update files :

upload_2018-11-24_14-10-44.

Edit : had multiple python installs (2.7.12, 3.5, 3.7, uninstalled everything, reinstalled the latest, pip install xmltodict, then the script finally ran, still could figure out the 1.0.3 switch update thing to get vocaloid and other dlcs though)

Edit : did get char encoding issues too, edited the trimmer with what you wrote and it worked. (got "139" back)
    line 30 in trimmer (Taiko v2)
    replace by
    Code:
    csvFile = open('songs.csv', 'r', encoding='utf8')
    reader = csv.reader(csvFile, doublequote = False)

Edit2: left most of the anime songs of all 3 games but only 5 song showed up lol but a lot of the rest did work though :) (monster hunter 4G medley got there in the csv twice for some reason, forgot to remove it too ^^)
    Edit3; on first glance, everything with quotes and double comas isn't showing up at least, I don't have time to check more for now, impressive work though!^^

Attached Files:

Last edited by Azel, Nov 24, 2018
  10. Azel

Dec 16, 2014
    France
    @EmEE
    @Syaro_c
    any input on how to work with the 1.03 update or the songs not ingame but on the csv ? thanks a lot :)

11. Syaro_c

Syaro_c Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2018
    Canada
    Last edited by Syaro_c, Nov 28, 2018
  12. Stewie1.0

Stewie1.0 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2015
    United States
    Ur basement
    Good job with this injector, but I'd also like to show that I was able to port Kimi ni 100 PERCENT from the Switch version to the PS4 version. Switch and PS4 use similar file locations and formats, so its easy to port them from there. This should work for PS4 to Switch too. However, the only difference is the audio formats in the nus3bank files. PS4 uses BNSF, and Switch uses OPUS. Since i couldnt create a BNSF for it, i instead created an AT9, cuz the game supports that format even tho its never used for any of the songs.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

There is a couple bugs tho. The song loops, and for some reason, the song will never go to the results screen. Im not used to this game since i normally mod Project Diva, so I can't really figure out why this happens. Im also not sure how to make the song preview work correctly.

There was another song I was able to add too. I added Motteke Sailor Fuku (Lucky Star's opening). I was able to port it from Portable DX on PSP from the DLC, because most if not all of the Taiko games' chart files use the same format, except some have swapped endians. However, Version V's on Vita is encrypted. This should also work on Switch too, so u can give it a try too.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

13. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Song loop will be because of the nus3bank header information containing the song length, preview start position would be there as well, don't have a PS4 or Switch so not something I've looked into, nus3bank info might be the same across the platforms? (assuming both use it?) did you try just changing the audio format to the respective platform?

As for the formats, I think its Wii 3 onwards that use the same format for the Wii/U systems and all 3DS/VITA use the same as well, so mostly anything after DX I think.

Last edited by DarkSynopsis, Jan 11, 2019
  14. Stewie1.0

Stewie1.0 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2015
    United States
    Ur basement
    Yea I kinda figured the preview was in the nus3bank. I just couldnt find it anywhere. I injected the AT9 in with hex editing, since i couldn't really create my own that isnt IDSP (IDSP is actually in the game's code on PS4, but i tried it and it doesn't work, which I'm not surprised. Theres a bunch of unused audio formats for some reason). Switch's OPUS isn't in the game's code on PS4 at all, so Switch's doesn't work. Not even it's nus3bank works. I did fix the looping once, but for some reason the preview stopped working.

And well, some of the chart formats just use different endians, but thats about it. And Vita's is either encrypted or is in some archive for some reason, like the database files on PS4/Switch is in gz archive renamed as .bin extension.

Last edited by Stewie1.0, Jan 12, 2019
  15. CainanC12

CainanC12 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2017
    United Kingdom
    London , UK
    On the Switch side of things a tool for .nus3banks which use OPUS as the codec will eventually be made, especially when Super Smash Bros Ulitmate matures. Though it sucks there's no tools that can just let you edit the nus3bank without converting the file inside it and such

16. CainanC12

CainanC12 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2017
    United Kingdom
    London , UK
    Oh and something I thought about but haven't tried: Using the Smash 4 nus3bank editor, converting a .wav file to idsp and well injecting(?) it into a nus3bank, see if it will modify things such as the song length and if it does, convert that same .wav file to .at9 open it in a hex editor with the nus3bank then replace the idsp with the at9.

Last edited by CainanC12, Jan 12, 2019
  17. Goffrier

Goffrier Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2018
    United States
    \r': command not found

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

switch_songs: command not found

uid: command not found

syntax error near unexpected token `('

`def genUID():

this is the error of trimmer.py on ubuntu

18. lefthandsword

lefthandsword GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2015
    Hong Kong
    root
    Use Python 3 not 2.

19. Goffrier

Goffrier Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2018
    United States
    ok

but ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'xmltodict'

i have installed it

and rebooted

still not working :thonk:

pip install xmltodict
    Collecting xmltodict
    Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/pack...776ceb7/xmltodict-0.11.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
    Installing collected packages: xmltodict
    Successfully installed xmltodict-0.11.0
    lol@ubuntu:~/Desktop/taikov2$

not working

tried searching on google
    havent found anything

20. lefthandsword

lefthandsword GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2015
    Hong Kong