Taiko no Tatsujin Portable: Replacing Songs

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by cosmo2389, Jul 1, 2008.

Jul 1, 2008
  1. cosmo2389
    OP

Member cosmo2389 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So I have been doing some investigation relating to how to replace songs in PSP games, specifically Taiko no Tatsujin, so far I have found a couple of tutorials, but none have worked with Taiko...

This is the one that I have been using. By doing the method that is mentioned first, all I get is a black screen upon booting the hacked game.

It is important to note that I have only replaced one song file and I made it the same length and the size constraint was met, also I used the same filename as the file I was attempting to replace.

Also, I don't care about the replacing the actual drum beats, I only want to replace the songs.

So anyone else experimented with this and would like to provide some help...? I hope that it is as simple as the tutorial that I have found but really any other help would be nice!

Oh yeah, it is important to note that the songs are in .at3 format.

Thanks for looking and also any help that you may provide!

2. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    sadly i can't even get the codec and stuff to work for me ...
    wanted to try it myself so i might get it to work somehow but i mostly have bad luck with codecs ... dunno what i do wrong there [​IMG]V

P.S. don't think it makes a difference but did you try both versions ?

and maybe try sony stage (i am gonna try it out later on as well) which is official programm and you can use it to convert your files ... maybe that works.

3. cosmo2389
    OP

United States
    I actually tried the SonyStage, but not only could I not figure out how to save in the format, but it acted very weird on my Vista computer... It would hang and it also caused super long boot times... So I uninstalled it...

Thanks for the interest and info! Maybe we can get others to help!

4. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Ok now i am confused .... the OFFICIAL Sony programm SonicStage converts my mp3 to atrack but its not at3 its some other format .... thats weird ... why would official sony programm make wrong file???
    sure that at3 is like they say the official Atrac3 stuff ?

and maybe it would be easyer to try to edit the downloaded songs either than the original ones ? just tried and downloaded around 10 songs ... they are saved somewhere seperate on the psp as 2 different files.

might try to use that tomorrow to put in my own songs ...

5. cosmo2389
    OP

United States
    The game will only load three of the downloaded songs at a time... So that would mean only three custom songs...

But try it out, it may just work!

6. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    you sure ? at least at 2 i have like 10 songs and they are all shown and ready to play,

but i didn't got a clue about those .don files [​IMG]

7. cosmo2389
    OP

United States
    Wow... I read somewhere that there were only three allowed...

I think that the .katsu files are the music (obviously) and the .don are the charts.

But that's just what I think...