Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Another classic franchise is being revived for modern times. Square Enix is readying a new version of classic Super NES strategy title Tactics Ogre for PSP.

The original Tactics Ogre was released as "Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together" in 1995 exclusively on the Japanese Super Famicom/Nintendo. Gamers outside of Japan may be more familiar with the PlayStation port, which was released in North American in 1998.

Debuting in this week's Famitsu, the PSP version is titled "Tactics Ogre: Wheel of Fate." Rather than a "remake" of the original, it's described in the magazine as a "rebuilding." The game will retain the look of the Super NES game, although the visuals are now 3D, allowing you to move the camera around for a better view of the battle field. Basic gameplay remains intact from the original, but there will be a number of new features, most notably an increase in on-screen troop count to 30, up from the 20 of the original. There will also be new classes, and new features for the game's skill system.

The staff of the original have reassembled to work on the title, with Hiroshi Minagawa as director, Yasumi Matsuno as designer, Akihiro Yoshida and Tsubasa Masao as character designers, and Hitoshi Sakimoto and Iwata Masaji on music. Matsuno himself is working on additions to the game's story and character elements, including new side stories.

Famitsu does not list a release time frame for Tactics Ogre.

Source

The PSP is almost as overloaded with strategy/SRPG games as the DS, I think I'll pass.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish they'd put out a new Ogre Battle instead of Tactics
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

I could have sworn that the SNES version of one of these games or similar was recently translated in the last few months? "Tactics Ogre, Let us Cling Together" - Yup, Aeon Genesis translations. Hrm... But yeah, I agree, there are way too many SRPG's on the PSP atm XD

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Square Enix confirms Tactics Ogre remake for North America

by JC Fletcher on Jul 22nd 2010 10:50AM

tacticsogre722.jpg

We didn't have to wait long at all to hear about a North American release for the PSP Tactics Ogre remake. Square Enix has already announced a localized version, under the game's original title Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together.

Square Enix's announcement offers additional detail as to exactly what's new in the revamped version. 3D maps have been added, along with updated graphics and 15 new tracks from composers Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata. In terms of gameplay, there's a new "Battle Skill" ability that players can use alongside the game's existing magic and special abilities.

There's still some waiting involved with this game, as Square did not offer a timeframe for its debut. Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (first screens)

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together (art)

Square Enix , is bring many good games to the PSP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end