Homebrew Tactics Ogre SNES English patch finished - runs on PC, not DS?

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Apparently the Tactics Ogre SNES (later "Let Us Cling Together" on PSP I believe) is now done.

Patch can be found here: http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=tactics

The patch must be used on the v1.2 Japanese ROM. I patched it, and it runs just fine on ZSNES on my PC -- but it just has the white screen of death on SNEMulDS on my EZ Flash Vi.

Would someone be willing to try the patched ROM on a different flash card? My EZ Flash, while super with commercial ROMs, is horrible with homebrew stuff. SNEMulDS works with most stuff (although not all that supposedly should work) and the Japanese Tactics Ogre works, but not this English patched one.

regnad

Button Masher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, you're right.

On version 6 the Japanese original ROM sort of runs -- there are some irritating horizontal lines, but you can try to play around them.

The patched version is just a white screen.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll find a lot of games that just won't load on snemulds. Patched games using hacks or translations can be even more difficult to run as they sometimes mess with the header or fiddle with the game code in a way where the emulator just refuses to load it (or tries but has bad glitches). The one SNES translation i did manage to get running in SnemulDS was Breath of Fire II.

You might want to check out the SNES emulator coming to Supercard DSTWO soon, if you're willing to get a new flashcard anyways. Although it's still no guarantee it'll work. I expect it to be better than the current DS SNES emulators at least. And since Tactics Ogre doesn't use any special chips, it has a good chance of working on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)